Author Topic: KIDDER from Aylmer Quebec  (Read 3218 times)

Offline angusg

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
KIDDER from Aylmer Quebec
« on: Sunday 31 January 10 22:01 GMT (UK) »

my grand uncle Alexander GLASS b 1891 Friockheim Scotland married Eva Annie Llene Kidder (b 27 march 1901 Aylmer PQ).
daughter of  Daniel Darwin Kidder age 22 Eardley PQ Bachelor a Farmer and Mary Elanor Blake of Spinster of Hull PQAylmer,  Married 24 Aug 1898

I have an us entry card from Mary Kidder Dated MAY 1942
loolking for any and all information
Watt, Beattie,Glass,McDougal, Guthrie,Blackie,Pringle,Balmer,Headridge,Hunter,France,Greenhill
Gordon,Lawson,Anderson,Reid,Stott,Milne,Jackson,Walker McArthur,Hardie.Dunnet,Dundas
Thorburn, Mosley, Stewart, Wood, Gladstone, Darrie,Melrose
Duff,and in the States/Canada: Kidder,Duff, Blake,Robertson,Kerr.

Offline Jacquie in Canada

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
Re: KIDDER from Aylmer Quebec
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 31 January 10 23:27 GMT (UK) »
What type of information are you looking? Information about the Kidder family in Canada? Or are you trying to find information on when Alexander emigrated?

To search the 1901 and 1911 Canada census for free:
http://automatedgenealogy.com/index.html
Daniel and Mary are in Aylmer in 1911.

To search the 1881 and 1891 Canada census for free:
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/census-1881/index-e.html
http://www.collectionscanada.gc.ca/databases/census-1891/index-e.html

There is an index card which indicates an Eileen Eva Glass born 27 Mar 1901 applied for US citizenship on 7 Oct 1932 in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, Southern Division, Detroit.

There is also a death for an Eileen Glass with the same birthdate in Ferndale, Oakland County, Michigan on 13 Jan 1990.

There is a border crossing at Detroit for Eva A. Kidder dated 5 Jan 1925. She was 23 and born in Aylmer, Quebec. Her last permanent residence was Fort William and her destination was Pontiac, Michigan. She was joining a friend, Mrs. J. Anderson of Sylvan Lake.

Michigan marriage records available at the LDS Labs website only go to 1925 and I couldn't find a marriage for Eva in it.

By the way, the birth/baptism entry for her birth lists her name as Eva Annie Aileen Kidder, not Llene.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
England (Northumberland): Brown, Whitfield, Henderson
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford
Germans from Russia: Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Meach, Lorenz

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 31 January 10 23:50 GMT (UK) »
The couple are in Highland Park, Wayne County, Michigan on the 1930 census as follows:

Alex D Glass, head, 34, married at age 32, born Scotland, parents born Scotland, immigration year 1915, naturalized, assembler at auto factory
Ilene Glass, wife, 29, married at 27, immigration year 1925, alien, born Canada, parents born Canada

There is a passport application for Alexander Desborough Glass born 6 Oct 1894 in Friockheim. His father is listed as John Erskine Glass of Scotland. It also says he immigrated to the US on 29 Mar 1912. The application also indicated he had lived continously in the US between 1912 and 1918.

The date in March appears to have been the date of departure as he arrived in New York on the Columbia on 8 Apr 1912. He was 20, a turner, born in Friockheim and his destination was Detroit. His closest relation in the country from which he came was his mother Isabella Glass, Forfar, Scotland. It indicates he was joining his brother-in-law but no name or address was listed.

Jacquie
Canada: Patterson, Brown, Haidenger/Heidinger, Meyer, Johnston(e), Gorsuch, Kitchin/Kitchen
United States: Patterson, Smith, Brown, Vance, Bower(s), Newberry, Best, Love, Gorsuch
Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh, Fife, East Lothian): Johnston(e), Bell, Galloway, Campbell, Robertson, Williamson, Thomson, Crawford

Offline angusg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 01 February 10 00:58 GMT (UK) »
Thank you so very much.

My focus is on the Kidder side. and what happened to her mother and father and brothers and sisters.
I am aware that Daniel was Protestant and  Mary was Catholic from what I have seen of Records.

I have no idea how many generations  each of them have been in Canada.
I believe Daniel Kidder died age 42 on June 7 th 1916 at Fort William, District of Thunder Bay
 he was a switchman, Fathers name was Albert Kidder.
cause of death listed was Traumation (Immediate),certifyed by a Dr ? ? Birdsall. Record number 032576

Yes I know about Alexander Glass's  Background. His birth record does not show any middle name.
so don't know where Desborough came from,.
Yes i
I know who he immigrated with.

He was also in the Us army in   was inducted into the us Army 26 Sept 1917
as Sgt in 316 th Infantry . Commissioned as 2 nd Lieutenant on? at ST Aignon France
Honarablly discharged on 26 Mar 1919.
Watt, Beattie,Glass,McDougal, Guthrie,Blackie,Pringle,Balmer,Headridge,Hunter,France,Greenhill
Gordon,Lawson,Anderson,Reid,Stott,Milne,Jackson,Walker McArthur,Hardie.Dunnet,Dundas

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Canadian, eh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 01 February 10 02:29 GMT (UK) »
There is a marriage in Ottawa, Carleton County, Ontario for Daniel, 22, and Mary, 18, on the date you refer to. The marriage registration lists Daniel's parents as Albert and Mary Kidder while Mary's parents were Patrick and Ella.

There are marriage registrations in Carleton County, Ontario for Albert marrying a Jeannie McAllister on 4 Nov 1884 and marrying Elizabeth Rock on 15 Dec 1896. Whether Elizabeth and the Isabella with him on the census (below) are the same person, I don't know but it does appear that Albert was married at least 3 times and that Daniel's mother likely died prior to 1884.

I found marriage registrations for some of the children listed with Albert and a wife named Annie on the 1881 census and some have their mother's given name as Annie and some have Mary. Her surname is listed as either Kearney, Karney or Carney.

On the 1861 census, Albert is single and is listed as a labourer in Nipissing, Algoma, Canada West and in the column where it asks residence if out of limits it has Eardley listed.
On the 1871 census, Albert with a wife named Annie are in Eardley, Ontario while the 1881 census has Albert and Annie in Eardly, Quebec.
On the 1891 census Albert Kidder is in Eardley, Quebec with a son named Darwin and his wife Jennie.
On the 1901 census, there is an Albert with wife Elizabeth in Eardley, Quebec. On the 1911 census, there is an Albert with a wife named Isabella in Eardley.

There is an entry for an Albert Kidder in Hull, Ottawa, Quebec on the 1852 census. His parents were listed as Albert and Julia Kidder and the elder Albert is listed as being born in the US while Julia is listed as being born in Canada East.

You can view the images for the 1852 and 1881 through 1911 census at the links I posted previously.

Jacquie

Offline angusg

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 01 February 10 02:58 GMT (UK) »
Again thank you so much.