Author Topic: Joseph Finn line in Dublin  (Read 5051 times)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Joseph Finn line in Dublin
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 10 February 10 11:36 GMT (UK) »
this looks like the references for the same marriage listed earlier on the Civil Index... a civil cert will have a few more details, such as occupations for bride, groom and fathers, and possibly ages for Joseph and Lizzie.

Name: Joseph Finn
 Registration district: Dublin South
 Record type: Marriage
 quarter and year: Jul - Sep 1888
 Volume: 2 / Page: 613

Name: Lizzie Kearns
 [same index details]

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Malmackenzie

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 10 February 10 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Jane Kearns was born abt 1858 in Dublin. She was married to Patrick Meehan born abt 1861 in Liverpool. They had 1 child Mary Meehan born 1883. In the most recent census they had a Ellen Finn down as neice was staying them. She was aged 23 born Dublin and occ down as Rubber shoe maker. She may have just fitted in as being eldest daughter of Joseph & Elizabeth

Regards

Mal
Mackenzie (Liverpool & Caithness), Crook (Liverpool), Finn (Dublin), Meehan (Liverpool), McKenzie (Caithness), McGee (Liverpool), Boardman (Liverpool), Vernon (Liverpool), Wood (Liverpool), Baldwin (Warwickshire & Birmingham)

Offline Malmackenzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday 10 February 10 11:49 GMT (UK) »
Shane, How would I go about purchasing this certificate? I am very new to Irish genealogy. Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Mal
Mackenzie (Liverpool & Caithness), Crook (Liverpool), Finn (Dublin), Meehan (Liverpool), McKenzie (Caithness), McGee (Liverpool), Boardman (Liverpool), Vernon (Liverpool), Wood (Liverpool), Baldwin (Warwickshire & Birmingham)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday 10 February 10 11:51 GMT (UK) »
Shane, How would I go about purchasing this certificate? I am very new to Irish genealogy. Any help is greatly appreciated

Cheers

Mal

see Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon

There are other useful details on the Ireland Resources section re searching the index, details included on the various certs  etc..

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Malmackenzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday 10 February 10 11:56 GMT (UK) »
Obbie - Sorry did not read the full extent of you last post. They had been married for 3 and a half years in the most recent census. His wife was called Mabel. Shane has already kindly located the marriage details for Joseph & Lizzie... Thanx again Mal

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday 10 February 10 12:03 GMT (UK) »
a possible match for the baptism of Joseph Finn in 1869

the same father's name, and in the same parish as the marriage. It could fit the the timeframe assuming Joseph was about 19 when he married. It's well worth following obbie's advice and browsing through various Finn records to see if other matches can be found, in this or other parishes. Note that many first names are listed in Latin.

Shane
My Surname Interests

Offline Malmackenzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Wednesday 10 February 10 12:16 GMT (UK) »
Cheers Shane

Offline Malmackenzie

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday 10 February 10 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Shane,
Can I ask what site you use to get the marriage index details from? Is there a birth index. I am looking for Michael Finn (son of Joseph & Lizzie). I am hoping for date of birth for around 19 Jul 1895. That is the details we have from the English side decendants of Mikey. The christening details made gave DOB for 1894??? Thanx again

Regards

Mal

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday 10 February 10 13:32 GMT (UK) »
Shane,
Can I ask what site you use to get the marriage index details from? Is there a birth index. I am looking for Michael Finn (son of Joseph & Lizzie). I am hoping for date of birth for around 19 Jul 1895. That is the details we have from the English side decendants of Mikey. The christening details made gave DOB for 1894??? Thanx again

Regards

Mal

The BMD index can be searched at : Irish Civil Index (its also in the Ordering Certs from GRO Roscommon link mentioned earlier )

There are a number of Michael Finn births registered - just one in exactly 1894 that I see. You'll have to order a birth cert to check the parents names.

Where the family still in Ireland for the 1901 or 1911 census ?

Shane
My Surname Interests