Author Topic: Horsburgh ancestors  (Read 2407 times)

Offline gordon5

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Horsburgh ancestors
« on: Thursday 11 February 10 21:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi all

I've been researching my Horsburgh ancestors for several years now and have got thoroughly stuck. So far as I've been able to discover, my line doesn't link into anyone else's back in the depths of time. Anyway, my line runs from Florence Horsburgh b. 29 Mar 1685. He married Janet Fogo on 28 Jun 1716, now to thier son Joseph Horsburgh (b. 23/11/1729) m. Janet Runciman to James Horsburgh (b. 8/10/1762) m. Ann Blaikie to James Horsburgh (b. 29/9/1793) m. Barbara Milne to Hugh Horsburgh (b. 1831) m. Agnes Stoddart to Henry Horsburgh (b.14/12/1855) m. Lillias McPherson to Hugh Horsburgh (b. 1887) m. Agnes Paterson Wilson.

I have a lot of other information regarding the various siblings of my direct ancestors which I would be glad to share.

Anyway, I think that Florence's parents were William Horsburgh and Jean McCleary but I haven't been able to find any record of them anywhere. Does anyone know anything of my line and if/how it links into what seem to be the main Horsburgh genealogies via Grizzel Horsburgh's family etc?

Not much to ask I know :)

Thanks
Steadwood worldwide, Horsburgh, McBean (and variants), Pride, Ross, mostly in the Lothian and Borders area, Ingles and variants from Buckie, Wilson, Stoddart.

Offline LostScottishRite

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Horsburgh ancestors
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 22 October 23 03:57 BST (UK) »
My mother is Doris Horsburgh born in Glasgow 79yrs old today. We live in Caanda. Her mother was Mary Horsburgh and dad Joseph Horsburgh. Hope this helps. Bryan

Offline Alan of Kaslo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Horsburgh ancestors
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 22 October 23 19:44 BST (UK) »
Have you purchased this doc off of SP yet?

HORSBURGH

FLORENCE

WILLIAM HORSBURGH/JEAN MCCLEARY FR236 (FR236)
M
29/03/1685
10 / 454
Liberton

330 year old document! I suppose you've seen it as you cite the date...

Seems to be the only Florence Horsburgh that I can see.

Stewart. Scott. Bruce. McPherson. McMurray. McKibbin . McKay. McCann. Mckrinkine. McClewnan. McCallum. Joss. Ross. Morrison. Chapman. Middlemiss. Robinson. Conlon. Duffy. Dalgarno. Crookshank. Gammack. Ramsay. Mutch. Crawford. Orr. Galbraith. Kerr. Fergusson. Campbell.