Author Topic: Donald McDONALD Christina McINTYRE - COMPLETED  (Read 19804 times)

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Donald McDONALD Christina McINTYRE
« Reply #9 on: Monday 15 February 10 05:06 GMT (UK) »
I have just found a Mary Campbell in Hamilton 1903 census.. I know they were in the Hamilton area at some time...Mary Campbell is one of the possible mothers I have, also Agnes Turner..she is in Sunshine West area in 1924..up until 1942..
So both these women must have migrated here..question is are one of these Christinas' mother ??? Does this help ::)

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Monday 15 February 10 05:14 GMT (UK) »
No I dont have any certificate for Christina..only her husbands ..Donald McDonalds' death record.. He was buried at Old Cheltenham Pioneer Cemetery. I have contacted them to ask details, and only got cause of death..and his parents names and occupations
I would have thought her name would have been on his death record..
I was told that he ..Donald..was a publican / Hotelier.. by an aunt..but dont know if thats reliable..
I'm not sure if she remarried after Donalds death..in 1913. or did she divorce him...as she did remarry a John West....I dont know the date...

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Monday 15 February 10 05:35 GMT (UK) »
Maybe I should try for a Birth or marriage certificate..which one would give me the Mothers name ???
I thought we'd be able to find something other than that course...but I dont want you going round in circles...thats my department ;D  whatever you suggest.. :)

Offline dalek39

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 15 February 10 05:48 GMT (UK) »
Just have to depart for awhile..back soon. :)

Offline judb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Monday 15 February 10 05:48 GMT (UK) »
I'd be looking at getting the marriage certificate.  
In my opinion the first marriage certificate should give you the best information about her parents, The certificate for her second marriage should give parent information and say if she was a widow or divorced and list how many children she had.  As you have the children sorted out I reckon the first marriage cert would be the best.

Others may well disagree with me   ::)

Judith
DYER - Wilts, London, Somerset, MIDLANE - Hants, Wilts, SONE - Hants, WRIGHT - London, Hants, SEAGER - Deptford, DWYER, FERGUSON - Victoria, MASON - Woodford Vic, BALLARD - South Wales, GOULDBY - Lowestoft
"Time present and time past are both perhaps present in time future..." T S Eliot

UK Census information Crown Copyrightt, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Monday 15 February 10 06:10 GMT (UK) »
I can't see a divorce listed for them up to 1900.

But you can look further at the Index to Divorce Cause Books of the Supreme Court of Victoria, 1861 – 1924 at PROV here:

http://www.prov.vic.gov.au/publications/documents/05335-P0.asp

Offline sparrett

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Monday 15 February 10 06:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi All,
Not trying to be contrary, :D I would choose to get the certificate of the second marriage.
Being a little more modern, it may hold more information, it may give up to date children's details and as you say Judith it will show her status at the time of the second marriage which will sort the divorce versus widowhood query.

I think we do not have a date for the WEST marriage.  Do you have it Dalek?

Dalek,  several times here you have referred to A VICTORIAN CENSUS in 1903.  I wonder if you mean an electoral roll?
If so, best to use that term so there is no confusion. ;D

Sue

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Monday 15 February 10 07:07 GMT (UK) »
I can't see a divorce listed for them up to 1900.

But you can look further at the Index to Divorce Cause Books of the Supreme Court of Victoria, 1861 – 1924 at PROV here:

http://www.prov.vic.gov.au/publications/documents/05335-P0.asp

There was no divorce,  1st husband died and is buried at Cheltenham

Daizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Online ~MERLIN~

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Monday 15 February 10 07:11 GMT (UK) »
I'm not sure if she remarried after Donalds death..in 1913. or did she divorce him...as she did remarry a John West....I dont know the date...

I was replying to this quote by dalek as she doesn't have the 2nd marriage details & didn't know if they divorced prior to his death.

Either could be the case...