Author Topic: Barnes/bowers  (Read 1466 times)

Offline sabrina

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Barnes/bowers
« on: Saturday 19 March 05 12:10 GMT (UK) »
Is anyone researching Charles Harding Barnes married to Mary Bowers in Burwell.  Charles' mother was Ann Barnes and Mary's Father was Matthew.  In 1847, it appears that Ann Barnes married Matthew Bowers.  Charles and Mary moved to Norfolk.

Sabrina

Offline AndrewMartin

• RootsChat Member
  • Tweet me: www.twitter.com/familytreeuk
    • View Profile
Re: Barnes/bowers
« Reply #1 on: Friday 22 April 05 08:30 BST (UK) »
There are/were a number of BOWERS in Wicken, near to Burwell.

My connection starts when ANN BAILEY of Wicken, married Henry BOWERS also of Wicken. They had a number of children and descendents often turned up in nearby Burwell.

There's some more BOWERS info on my website at www.familytreeuk.co.uk
Andrew Martin
Cambridgeshire, England.
https://www.familytreeuk.co.uk
https://familyhistoriespodcast.com

Researching: BABBIDGE, BAILEY, BARBER, BARKER, BISHOP, BOULTER, BOWERS, BRIGHTWELL, BURNELL, CLARKE, COOPER, CROSS, DEWEY, DEWSBURY, FLOWER, FREEMAN, GAWTHROP, GIDDINGS, GIGNER, GILBERT, GILLIONS, GOLTRIP, GOTHARD, HARRISON, HAWKINS, IRONS, JEFFERY, LEVITT, MARTIN, MODEN, NEWMAN, NEWELL, ONG, TALL, TAYLOR, TINGEY, WHITEHEAD, YARROW.

Offline sabrina

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Barnes/bowers
« Reply #2 on: Friday 22 April 05 12:30 BST (UK) »
Andrew

Thank you for your information and the site.  I don't think this is my family.  My Matthew Bowers (father John) Married Mary Bridgeman in  1830 and they had 3 children Sarah, Ann and Mary.  He then married Ann Barnes 1847 and then Tabitha Smith/Larner in 1867.  I am trying to prove that Ann Barnes was My Gr. grandfathers mother and that Matthew Bowers was my Gr grandmothers father and that they then married when the children were young.  The only place I think I can prove that is the 1851 census (which is nonexistent).

Sabrina