Author Topic: Death - Camerton - BRIMBLE  (Read 1905 times)

Offline Webby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Death - Camerton - BRIMBLE
« on: Sunday 21 February 10 22:17 GMT (UK) »
Could I please ask if someone would have a look for the deaths of a Charles Brimble (Bremble, Bramble) and Hester (Esther; Hesther) Brimble please.

Charles and Hester both before 1851 and most likely in Camerton.  Have found Hester and son Isaac on the 1841 Census...but nothing after that. 

Regards

Webby
Wing, Isted,Lashmore, - Horsted Keynes
Green, Goldsmith,Mockford,Blackmar,Geer - Falmer & Brighton
Wing, Hack, Gray, Haywood Brighton
White, Vass, Tolhurst, Thatcher Sussex
Attree, Patching, Earle - Barcombe Sussex
Davies, Owen, - Llangrannog, Cardiganshire, Wales
Thomas, Burn - Gwennap,Cornwall
Rice - Portland,Dorset

Offline CaroleW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Barney 1993-2004
    • View Profile
Re: Death - Camerton - BRIMBLE
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 21 February 10 22:49 GMT (UK) »
Charles and Hester both before 1851 and most likely in Camerton.  Have found Hester and son Isaac on the 1841 Census

Hester was still alive in 1851

HO107 Piece 1939 Folio 531 Page 12

Freebmd has a death for "Hester" in December qtr 1852 Clutton 5C 420  No surname shown and no image available to view to check

Clutton was the registration district for Camerton
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Carlin (Ireland & Liverpool) Doughty & Wright (Liverpool) Dick & Park (Scotland & Liverpool)

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 February 10 23:29 GMT (UK) »
Hi Webby,

I note Charles does not appear with Hester and the children in 1841 and Hester lists as Widowed in 1851 but thought this may be of interest.

Charkes BRIMBLE was buried at Camerton 7 Mar 1860. He was aged 65 years.

I don't see anybody to fit in the census.

Cheers Kris  :)
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Webby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 February 10 00:37 GMT (UK) »
Thanks to Kris & Carole W for the info on the Brimble's.   It certainly looks as though Charkes Brimble may fit the correct Charles that I'm looking for.  Although, there were a couple of Charles Brimbles born in Camerton in 1785 & 1786.  Looks like it might be time to get the death certificate for this one.

Charles didn't appear in any Census as he seems to have been transported at least a couple of times!.  He stated on a later transportation indent (1827) that he had been transported prior in 1810 , plus spent some time in gaol in Shepton Mallet  - then stated that he had enlisted in the 103rd Regiment.  So he just seems to have missed the Census'!!.

Regards

Webby

Rice - Portland,Dorset

Offline jrainbrim

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 15 February 21 17:40 GMT (UK) »
I know its a while since your last post but I have some info for you.
Charles was the brother of my 3xgrt grandfather. I think he may have been transported to Tasmania.
His daughter Joyce and sons Thomas and Isaac Brimble were also convicted a few times.
Joyce was sent to Tasmania also.

Offline Webby

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 18 February 21 05:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi, thank you jrainbrim for your reply.  I still haven't put Charles with any other Brimble family in Camerton.  I also don't have a Thomas Brimble born to Charles & (H)Esther. 

Charles arrived in 1827 for a period of 7 years and  around 1834 he received his Certificate of Freedom and he could have been the Chas. Bramble who in 1846 left Hobart Town for Port Albert (Victoria Australia).  Disappears from then on.

I do have George Brimble who was sent to VDL, he arrived in 1843 and lists his mother as being Esther, brothers, Isaac & Joseph and sisters, Eliza, Matilda and Ann (no Joyce unless she was known by another name?) - also no Charles mentioned as being his father.  George also disappears from around 1853.

Then Joyce arrives in VDL in 1850 (she is my husband's 2 x great grandmother).  Joyce lists her mother as Esther and brothers Isaac & Joseph and sisters as Eliza and Matilda.  Again - no mention of Charles or George who would have still been in Tasmania.

Joseph arrived in 1852 and again lists mother as being Esther - brothers Isaac and James - sister Eliza, Dora (this one is a new one!).  (this time - no Joyce, George or Charles).

Joyce and Joseph I can account for in Tasmania - but the English side has been pretty difficult to try and find.  Apart from some information when some of them got involved with the law!.

Children I have for Charles (snr) and Hester/Esther
George, Charles, Mary Ann, Eliza, Joyce (no actual birth date found), Ann, Isaac, Joseph, Matilda (again no actual birth date), James (once again, no actual birth date).

I would appreciate your help in establishing Charles' parentage please if you can.

Regards

Webby

Rice - Portland,Dorset

Offline radstockjeff

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 18 February 21 10:14 GMT (UK) »
Hi Webby
Have you tried RootsWeb's World Connect Project-Somerset Coalfield Connections? There are quite a number of Brimbles; you may be able to make a link there somewhere
Nurse, Musther, Smith, Julnes, Rogers, Parsons,Grieves(Greaves,Greeves),Wood,Cray,Scrine,Shellard,Greenstock,

There's nothing wrong with being mediocre...as long as you're good at it!

Offline trish1120

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Happy me
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 18 February 21 10:20 GMT (UK) »
I'd be careful with the 1860 Burial as he would only be 13 if he married in 1808.

It depends who was the informant on the Death Cert.
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Cummins, Miskelly(IRELAND + NZ) ,Leggett (SFK + NFK ENGLAND + NZ),Purdy ( NBL ENGLAND + NZ ), Shaw YKS, LANCs + NZ), Holdsworth(LINCS +LANCS + NZ), Moloney, Dean, Fitzpatrick, ( County Down,IRE) Newby(NBL.ENG, Costello(IRE), Ivers, Murray(IRE),Reay(NBL.ENG) Reid (BERW.SCOTLAND)

Offline jrainbrim

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 18 February 21 13:23 GMT (UK) »
The Charles I have  parents were Thomas Brimble and Mary Wigger.
I was incorrect with Thomas as a son it was Joseph.
As the name Brimble was very common in Somerset at the time, it is possible that I have mixed up families.
I don't have a George in the same family but there are quite a few of them too.
The Charles I have married Hester Bassett. Children Ann, Isaac, Joseph, Joyce and James. I found them on the 1841 census.
Either I have an incorrect family or
 1)Charles transportation in 1827 did not go ahead until a few years later as Joyce and James were born after 1827 or
2) They are not Charles' children.
A mystery.
My tree is on Ancestry alot of Joyce information has been shared to me by someone else.
I think a close relative of yours.