Author Topic: Birnie Churchyard  (Read 2254 times)

Offline french

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Birnie Churchyard
« on: Wednesday 24 February 10 09:04 GMT (UK) »
I have family in this churchyard James,John and Ann French stone 127 or 172, I believe I also have a Alexander and Elspet French (Hay) and a Joseph and Christian French (Stalker)  can anybody help with this.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
Re: Birnie Churchyard
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 February 10 19:09 GMT (UK) »
I have family in this churchyard James,John and Ann French stone 127 or 172, I believe I also have a Alexander and Elspet French (Hay) and a Joseph and Christian French (Stalker)  can anybody help with this.

First, which set of numbers are these - the LIBINDX ones or the ones from the ANESFHS booklet? - they're not the same.

Second, what do you mean by 'help' - can you clarify what help you want?
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline french

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 25 February 10 16:11 GMT (UK) »
Libindx numbers. Can't find anything for the others and wondered if anyone was close enough to have a look.

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 February 10 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Libindx numbers. Can't find anything for the others and wondered if anyone was close enough to have a look.

What do you hope to find from having a look that you wouldn't find from LIBINDX?

There is a slight practical problem of going to look at anything at the moment, in the shape of too much snow :)

Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.