Author Topic: Mary Ann Townsend - nee Lloyd - Kingswood, Kington  (Read 2816 times)

Offline eac61

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Mary Ann Townsend - nee Lloyd - Kingswood, Kington
« on: Sunday 28 February 10 13:53 GMT (UK) »
Hoping someone can help me find Mary Ann's family.

Mary Ann Lloyd was born about 1876, married Frederick Townsend in 1898 at Kington Parish Church, on the 1901 census they appear as living in Knighton, but on the 1911 census they are living at Bredward, Kington and it states that she was born in Kingswood.  Frederick died in 1920 at Floodgates, Kington and sometime after she moved back to Kingswood.  She died in 1943 and is buried at Kington Cemetery, her last place of residence was Buckwood Cottage, Kingswood.  I am trying to find her family (mother, father any siblings etc.)

I appreciate that quite often they named their own children after their parents etc. so it may help to know that her children were:

George
Sarah
Frederick
Charles
Albert

Many thanks

EAC

ps if all else fails I will get marriage cert to show her Fathers name (I already have details for Fredericks side of the family)
Powell - Ton Pentre
Phillips - Llwynypia
Howell - Llannon/Llwynypia/Cardiff/Pennsylvania,USA
Ungoeds - Llannon,Carmarthenshire/Australia

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Ann Townsend - nee Lloyd - Kingswood, Kington
« Reply #1 on: Monday 01 March 10 23:01 GMT (UK) »
A Mary A Lloyd was born in Kington in December 1875. Can't see her on the 1881 Census - will try romorrow

Offline eac61

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 04 March 10 21:21 GMT (UK) »
I cant tie her in to any family in Kingswood, Kington but not knowing the area that well one of the others on there maybe her.  I think I may have to get the wedding cert to show her fathers name.  On saying that I do know that they were married in Kington Parish Church in Sep 1898 so maybe the hereford records office has a copy of it .... I will keep on searching but if no joy in the next week or so I will send off for the wedding cert - before the price increase !!!
Powell - Ton Pentre
Phillips - Llwynypia
Howell - Llannon/Llwynypia/Cardiff/Pennsylvania,USA
Ungoeds - Llannon,Carmarthenshire/Australia

Offline Puffcat

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 07 March 10 18:15 GMT (UK) »
I see on the 1881 Census Mary Ann is down as born in Radnorshire, and living in Gypsy Tent, Hll Road in Huntington. Als0 there is another child called Mary J down as born in Hay on 1891 Census, where there Mary Ann is down as born in Kingswood. Huntington is on the border of Herefordshire and Radnorshire and 3 miles from Kington. 
David Probert is possibly born in Kington as David Lloyd in October 1872