Author Topic: Hughes family: Cae Gwen, Llangadwaladr and ['Refail] Cefn [y] Gwynt, Malltraeth  (Read 4467 times)

Offline rhosboeth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hi,
I'm seeking information on the family of Hugh Hughes, of Llangadwaladr/Malltraeth (Trefdraeth), Anglesey and in particular, his wife Jane (nee Jones, born at Pentraeth  ca.1853) - who I believe is one of my great-grandfathers sisters.

Assuming I have the correct family, then:-

- according to the 1881 census the family lived at Cae Gwen [Cae Gwen Owen?], Llangadwaladr.

- by the 1891 census, they are at  'Refail Cefn Gwynt, Trefdraeth,
(husband Hugh lodging at Ty'n Lon, Pentraeth)

- in the 1901 census, most of the family are at Cefn y Gwynt, Trefdraeth
(wife Jane shown at her mothers home, Ty'n Lon, Pentraeth)

The 1881 - 1901 censuses list four children in total:
Kate (b.~1878), Hugh (b.~1880), Richard (b.~1886) and Elizabeth (b.~1890)

My great-grandfathers obituary (1939) mentions his nephews Hugh and Richard Hughes of Malltraeth and I'm assuming that these are the same two that appear as children on the above censuses, and they may possibly have worked on the railway in later life (?).

Any information would be greatly appreciated - [contact me via PM if you prefer]

Diolch/Thanks.
[Related Jones families at:  Felin & Ty'n Lon (Pentraeth)/Plas Gwyn (Llanbedrgoch) and Garreg Wian (Gaerwen), and Williams family at Perth [y] Ber (Llanedwen), Anglesey]

Offline ppechard

• RootsChat Extra
  • Tracing the ancestors of my two sons UK - IRELAND
    • View Profile
Re: Hughes family: Cae Gwen, Llangadwaladr and ['Refail] Cefn [y] Gwynt, Malltraeth
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 04 March 10 18:24 GMT (UK) »
Bonjour, I have in my wife family tree :

- HUGHES Richard ou Thomas borned around 1821 in Llanrhydlad. I don't know about his wife.

I has a daughter : HUGHES Mary borned around 1864, married 09.1887 with HIGHAM Joseph born in Hulcote, Northamptonshire.

Do we have a connection ? Thanks for your answer. Pascal
NORTH WALES - ANGLESEY  : HUGHES - OWENS -JONES -WILLIAMS...
NORTHAMPTONSHIRE  : HIGHAM - MASSON - STURGESS - WELSH - MALSHAW...
IRELAND  : GILROY, ROBINSON, ROONEY, Mc DANIEL, Mc DONALD, FEELY...

Offline dyfnan

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Hughes family: Cae Gwen, Llangadwaladr and ['Refail] Cefn [y] Gwynt, Malltraeth
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 December 21 00:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi, I recently discovered I had an ancestor living at Perth Y Ber, Llanedwen. I know very little other than his name was Henry Williams and he had a daughter called Elizabeth Williams. Henry was my great, great uncle and was born in Llanddyfnan in 1874. Elizabeth died in the 1970s I believe. I was wondering if your Williams' at Perth Y Ber are the same family?