Author Topic: McLaughlin/Costello in Mullingar  (Read 8227 times)

Offline Penny J

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: McLaughlin/Costello in Mullingar
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 18 March 10 19:30 GMT (UK) »
A big thanks for your comments.

Seanmac - what a lot of possibilities! Somewhere, I have an old map of Mullingar, so I should be able to see where they all fit. Marcella had 2 brothers, so hopefully their descendants may be amongst those listed in 1901. I haven't researched them yet.

Shanew147 - Yes, that's the one I found (thanks to you) and have ordered the certificate for. I'm very excited! It's been about a week now. How long will it take???

agho - I have actually seen the Parish Records entry for Lawrence and Mary's marriage. Sponsors were given (but apparently not related) and no parents were named.

There is a Lawrence M'Loughlin (b. Kilbeg - about 20miles from Mullingar) listed on the IGI who shares a father with a Denis M'Loughlin. I'm in touch with Denis' descendants, but can't find the link that this Lawrence is my Lawrence. Very frustrating!!!

Thanks again
Penny

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 18 March 10 19:36 GMT (UK) »
Shanew147 - Yes, that's the one I found (thanks to you) and have ordered the certificate for. I'm very excited! It's been about a week now. How long will it take???

Orders with the GRO vary quite a bit depending on how much of a backlog they have... I've heard anywhere between a couple of days and a few weeks. I'd say 2-3 weeks is average.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline Penny J

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 18 March 10 20:37 GMT (UK) »
I'll just have to be patient :-)

Fingers crossed it's the right cert.

Penny

Offline Penny J

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 26 March 10 18:57 GMT (UK) »
HURRAHHHHHH, It's the right certificate!!!

Of course, it solves one problem, but throws up a few more. A Register Office wedding to a Soldier for a good Catholic girl...? Father - Henry Barker - a sailor. Where do I find records for him? I feel another trip to the National Archives coming on.....

Oh well. 'Should keep me busy for a while :-)

A huge thanks for your help

Penny