Author Topic: Henry Smith & Ann Albert  (Read 1503 times)

Offline XPhile2868

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Henry Smith & Ann Albert
« on: Monday 21 March 05 09:15 GMT (UK) »
I know an Henry Smith married an Ann Albert on the 19 January, 1851 at St John, Preston, Lancashire, but how i can i confirm that he is my great great great grandfather, who was born about 1827?
Smith (Lancashire), McKenna (Ireland/Liverpool/Leyland), Maynard (Hertfordshire/London/Preston), Ricketts (Gloucestershire/Wigan/Preston), Scowcroft (Preston), Harling (N. Yorkshire/Lancashire), Willis (Preston), Clegg (Manchester/Preston), Dodd (Wigan/Cheshire), Alston (Lancashire), Hulks (Hertfordshire), Nicholson (Lancashire/Cumbria), Russell (Lancashire), Wilson (Cumbria), Bracewell (Lancashire), Moxham (Lancashire0

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Henry Smith & Ann Albert
« Reply #1 on: Monday 21 March 05 09:23 GMT (UK) »
you will have to get the marriage cert and it will give you the fathers name and ocupation

audrey

Offline XPhile2868

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 21 March 05 09:27 GMT (UK) »
Forgot some info -

On the 1871 Census, it shows that Henry married an Ann -

Henry and Ann had the following children -

George
Amelia
Annie
Ivy
Margaret
Henry (my great great grandad)

Smith (Lancashire), McKenna (Ireland/Liverpool/Leyland), Maynard (Hertfordshire/London/Preston), Ricketts (Gloucestershire/Wigan/Preston), Scowcroft (Preston), Harling (N. Yorkshire/Lancashire), Willis (Preston), Clegg (Manchester/Preston), Dodd (Wigan/Cheshire), Alston (Lancashire), Hulks (Hertfordshire), Nicholson (Lancashire/Cumbria), Russell (Lancashire), Wilson (Cumbria), Bracewell (Lancashire), Moxham (Lancashire0

Offline audrey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 21 March 05 09:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi had a look just too many Henry's born around the same time  the only child i could find was
Amelia Smith chris 29/6/1879 St Luke's Preston
father Henry Smith
mother Ann
sorry I cant help some one else may be able to
audrey

Offline casalguidi

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 21 March 05 09:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi

You don't mention where the 1871 census was taken nor the ages or where everybody was born  ???

Have you found them on the 1861 and 1851 census?  If not, then I would think that would be your next step.

Then, perhaps you can use any details from the marriage to try and locate Henry ie. address (if any), father's name & occupation, the names of the witnesses who may be relatives.

Once you have Henry's place of birth and father's name then you can try and find him in the 1841 census - hopefully still at home with his family.  Then you can start looking for a baptism if you don't yet have any likely candidates.

Best wishes

Casalguidi
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline XPhile2868

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Monday 21 March 05 09:54 GMT (UK) »
ok then. The 1871 Census was at Preston, Lancashire. By the time of the 1881 Census, Henry Sr was deceased.