Author Topic: GWR casualties in the Great War  (Read 1344 times)

Offline roofy

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
GWR casualties in the Great War
« on: Monday 15 March 10 17:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi everyone,
I have embarked on a project on flickr with the go ahead from Swindon Library.
They have a collection on Flickr which includes a set of GWR casualties of the Great War. The pages are scanned in but only those based in Swindon are currently tagged and listed. I am currently building a searchable database that identifies each separate GWR employee, his occupation [within the company], where he was based and the department, where given. There is supplementary info for some as well which has been included.

http://www.flickr.com/people/gwr_casualties/

I would appreciate any feedback or constructive criticism on the project which is still ongoing.
The aim is to be able to do a search within flickr for a surname and to find out where they were based, when they died. Most have photos although there are some without.

Roofy

ps Im crossposting this to the WW1 forum as well and occupation interests
Seyer [Bristol and London], Porter [Swindon and Manchester], Lawless, Wilson, Wood, Ebsworthy, Willson [not a typo, have different spellings on different sides of the family]. Also Lawler [London and Liverpool}, Bagnaro and Cavo [London and Maiori, Italy], also Engley/Englie-London, Gloucester and Bristol, Palmer [Chichester and London]. Recently added Greaves [Derbys], Handley Greaves [Derbyshire, London and Swindon]