Author Topic: Ethel Cahill  (Read 629 times)

Offline JennySlade

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ethel Cahill
« on: Thursday 18 March 10 12:48 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any information on Ethel Cahill born Born 2nd qtr (june) 1910. Pontypridd. I have reference of 11a 712.

Trying to find out who her parents were and if there is a possible link to James Cahill born abt 1880 married J Thorne 1902, possible death 1919 aged 50.

Any information on Ethel would be greatly received, many thanks!

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ethel Cahill
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 18 March 10 13:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi Jenny

Your best course of action would be to look on the 1911 census - we can't offer to do that for you.

What censuses do you have James on?  I see you have a thread going for him in Ireland.

Kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)

Offline wozzle

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 18 March 10 14:41 GMT (UK) »
or you could get the birth cert that would tell you parents names
cattell,alcester
vickers,sulgrave
hewish,holborn
manley,bethnal green
barnes,bassingbourn

Offline JennySlade

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 18 March 10 14:52 GMT (UK) »
I made an error on James. He was born about 1869/70!
On the 1911 census that someone kindly looked up for me he is lodging in Abefan and describes himself as single.
This is quite possible as his wife had my grandmother Beatrice in 1913 and her birth cert she is names as Thorne not Cahill.
I am wondering in Ethel is daughter of Jane and James or daughter of a relative of James. There is a lot of mystery and a lot of goings on in the family over the years.
Nan always said Ethel was a cousin but she said a lot of things that I have since learnt were a bit untruthful. Jane Cahill nee thorne remarried a Parry and nan said she was a Parry, but obviously she was not, she was born Thorne no father on birth cert.
I have been searching for Ethel for a while and decided to just try Cahill. She married a John Allen in Edmonton in 1935. This was tricky also as was looking for a Jack Allen!
This search has been a right eye opener I can tell you!
Thanks for all the info so far.

Jenny