Author Topic: Mountmellick Cof I Church records  (Read 4244 times)

Offline Lance Matthews

• RootsChat Veteran
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
Mountmellick Cof I Church records
« on: Friday 19 March 10 14:39 GMT (UK) »
Will I need to go to Dublin to find the marriage record of Henry Matthews to Sarah Justin(Jestin) between 1805 and 1810. He was born S(h)ronagh and she was born Derryguille. The wedding was in Mountmellick.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Mountmellick Cof I Church records
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 March 10 14:41 GMT (UK) »
From a reply (#4) on this other thread it looks as though the records start 1840 -
www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?PHPSESSID=fp2bue7r3fl9oihru3936mue30&topic=443286.0
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline danishdots

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 March 10 12:59 GMT (UK) »
The records are held in the RCB Libraray in Braemar Road, Dublin.  In grounds of Cof I Theological College - open week-days.  You sign in and registers are brought for you to look at - check by ringing them first that they have that particular reigister.  I may be up ther next week and will have a look :D
Coolbanagher (Queens County, Ireland); North Creake (Norfolk); Aarhus (Denmark); Burntisland (Fife, Scotland); Rowlands Gill (Northumberland); Ballycarroll (Queens County, Ireland); Raheen (QueensCounty, Ireland)

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 23 March 10 13:31 GMT (UK) »
I collected a list of the records the RCBL hold this morning, and it shows they only have marriages from 1840 and burials from 1803 for Mountmellick... no mention of Baptisms.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests