Author Topic: Fulton of Donegal  (Read 3551 times)

Offline cyclamen

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fulton of Donegal
« on: Saturday 20 March 10 14:49 GMT (UK) »
I am looking for any information about William Thomas Fulton and Margaret Ann Fulton.

In 1911 Census they are living in Tartnakilly, Ballykelly, Co Derry. William gives his age as 55 and Margaret Ann gives her age as 63. They were both born in Donegal and had been married for 24 years. They had three children, two living at the time of the census. Birth place for son William, 20, and sister Margaret Amy, 23, was given as Derry. The family were Presbyterians.

Living with him were three nephews and a niece with the name McCandless. They were also all born in Donegal and were C of I.

Any help with this family would be much appreciated.
Moody, Patton, Hemphill, Haslett, Hopkins, Simpson, Fleming,Walker. Co Londonderry
Simpson, Moody Co Armagh
Walker Co Tyrone, Co Donegal and Dublin

Offline derrylass

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Fulton of Donegal
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 March 10 17:19 GMT (UK) »
William Thomas Fulton and Margaret Ann McCandless married Jul - Sep 1886 in Limavady District.
Volume 1 Page 703

Marriage cert will have fathers' names

http://www.groireland.ie/apply_for_a_cert.htm

Offline cyclamen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Fulton of Donegal
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 March 10 20:26 GMT (UK) »
Thanks for your quick response.

I had spotted this marriage on Emerald Ancestors but the groom was named as William James Fulton. The date, however, is correct and they were married in Tamlaghtfinlagan C of I so I think there may have been a typo. I will check the church records and failing that order a certifcate.

Thanks again.
Moody, Patton, Hemphill, Haslett, Hopkins, Simpson, Fleming,Walker. Co Londonderry
Simpson, Moody Co Armagh
Walker Co Tyrone, Co Donegal and Dublin