Author Topic: Mary Holton baptised 11 October 1800 Market Deeping - Completed  (Read 1559 times)

Offline Barnford

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.natio
    • View Profile
Mary Holton baptised 11 October 1800 Market Deeping - Completed
« on: Monday 22 March 10 07:59 GMT (UK) »
I wonder if anyone can confirm the baptism of Mary Holton in Market Deeping on the 11th October 1800, daughter of William and Mary, from a source other than the IGI, which is where I have found it.

The entry does not appear in the FreeREG transcription of baptisms in Market Deeping and I would like to discover whether it is a rogue record in the IGI or an omission in the FreeREG records.

Many thanks

Clive
Lincs: Holton, Brewer, Keal, Blood, Pycock. Notts: Holton, Jones, Lawson, Bull, Brownley. Devon: Gayett(e), Hammond, Jewell, Lewarn, Squire. Cornwall: Giddy, Hoskyn, Lewarn(e), Rowe. Salop: Jones, Beddoes, Rowe. Leics: Rimmington. Surrey: Hammond, Luff, Mayhew.
Census Information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Barnford

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Mary Holton baptised 11 October 1800 Market Deeping - Completed
« Reply #2 on: Monday 22 March 10 09:31 GMT (UK) »
Thank you very much. I did try searching with Soundex enabled but it obviously did not pick that variation up - when I tried, at least.

I will pass this on to FreeREG, so that they can check their transcription.

Thanks again

Clive
Lincs: Holton, Brewer, Keal, Blood, Pycock. Notts: Holton, Jones, Lawson, Bull, Brownley. Devon: Gayett(e), Hammond, Jewell, Lewarn, Squire. Cornwall: Giddy, Hoskyn, Lewarn(e), Rowe. Salop: Jones, Beddoes, Rowe. Leics: Rimmington. Surrey: Hammond, Luff, Mayhew.

Offline Geoff-E

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 22 March 10 11:19 GMT (UK) »
I think with Soundex you have to have at least the first letter right.  It was just a case of trial and error.
Today I broke my personal record for most consecutive days alive.

Offline Barnford

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 22 March 10 11:32 GMT (UK) »
I have been in touch with the FreeREG Lincolnshire co-ordinator and he confirms that the source entry has been made with a 'K' rather than an 'H'. He does agree in this case that it should read Holton, so he will alter it and add a note to explain the amendment.

All I need to do now is to find out what happened to her; she, and her father William, just appear to vanish from the world of records.

Clive