Author Topic: groat/smith  (Read 2302 times)

Offline gemma o

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
groat/smith
« on: Wednesday 24 March 10 18:23 GMT (UK) »
i wonder if anyone can help me find my 4x great grandparents william groat and anne smith both from canisbay caithness, i know they had a son my 3xgreat grandfather george groat born 1793 canisbay he married janet hunter on 2/10 1816 wick. i have him as a mariner - pulteny town wick caithness.any help is greatly appreciated.
  kindest regards.......jean......... :)

Offline ev

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Drumkilbo
    • View Profile
Re: groat/smith
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 20:49 GMT (UK) »
Census information Crown copyright , All Census information from transcriptions - check original records , Familysearch/IGI is a finding tool only - check original records

Offline gemma o

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: groat/smith
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 March 10 22:36 GMT (UK) »
hi ev.
my greatfull thanks to you i now have found my groat family.  i have still to find a couple of more connections. on here you have found me them up to a janet groat married to john rosie which is great as they are in the family as well. i now need to find amiller and a manson families in caithness as they are linked to the rosies and into the winchesters, of which my mother was.i never thought i could get them . but this is down to all your help which i greatly appreciate. i will go and have a coffee now,
 all my kindest regards to you............jean........... :) :)