Author Topic: Henry W Harrold left England  (Read 984 times)

Offline shirleyarule

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Henry W Harrold left England
« on: Friday 26 March 10 14:52 GMT (UK) »
Henry W Harrold, age 22, was at the barracks in Hounslow, England in the 1851 Census along with brother, John Harrold who was a sargeant with the 16th Lancers.  It appears that Henry left the military and moved to USA by 1858.  How can I check military records to confirm that he left?  I can not locate him in England after that.
John George Harold, Arthur Albert Harold, Harriette Leggatt, Charles Harold in England, Scotland & Wales.  John George Harold was a Sargent Major with the 16th Lancers.  So they moved often.

Offline km1971

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Henry W Harrold left England
« Reply #1 on: Friday 26 March 10 18:18 GMT (UK) »
If the stars and stripes shows you cannot travel to the National Archives in Kew, I suggest you wait for Findmypast to complete putting surviving pre-1914 records online - http://www.findmypast.co.uk/media/news/news-item.jsp?doc=CHEP.html

If their record has not survived you will certainly find them in the muster books for the 16th Lancers. But you will have to employ a researcher.

You could also research passenger lists from the UK to the US and Canada, and I believe Canada to the US border records are online as well.

Ken

Offline shirleyarule

• I am very sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Henry W Harrold left England
« Reply #2 on: Friday 26 March 10 19:07 GMT (UK) »
Well it looks like I have to be patient.
Thank you so much the information.
Shirley
John George Harold, Arthur Albert Harold, Harriette Leggatt, Charles Harold in England, Scotland & Wales.  John George Harold was a Sargent Major with the 16th Lancers.  So they moved often.