Author Topic: parsons family from ashperton  (Read 1940 times)

Offline Flamingjune

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
parsons family from ashperton
« on: Sunday 28 March 10 23:43 BST (UK) »
Hi I'm looking for anyone researching the Parsons family who were living at Heywood Cottages, Ashperton on the 1881 census.  Head of family was Thomas (born Ashperton), his wife Maria (born Ledbury) and their children - John (my great grandfather - born Ledbury), Hannah (born Brilley), and Sarah, Mary, Elizabeth and Louisa (all born Stoke Edith). John was my grandmother's father and she was born in Barry, Glamorgan.
Leckwith - Coles, Lewis, Wyatt, David
Nether/Over Stowey - Coles
Penarth - Pearce, Bate
Cardigan - Jones
Barry - Parsons
Herefordshire - Parsons
Gravesend - Pearce
Wallsall - Bate
Mountain Ash - Battram

Offline lizdb

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: parsons family from ashperton
« Reply #1 on: Monday 29 March 10 11:51 BST (UK) »
Are you actually onyl wanting to link up with someone else reasearching this family, or are you wanting to research them yourself, in which case, have you got them in 1871 and earlier, marriage of John and Hannah (have you checked FreeBMD?) or would like like someone to help look if you cant find them ...
Edmonds/Edmunds - mainly Sussex
DeBoo - London
Green - Suffolk
Parker - Sussex
Kemp - Essex
Farrington - Essex
Boniface - West Sussex

census information is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Flamingjune

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 29 March 10 19:29 BST (UK) »
Hi lizdb, thanks for your reply.  I've done some research for this family and will be doing more shortly but I'm grateful for any information anyone can pass on to me.  Sadly over the years the many branches of my family have drifted apart. I don't think I'm alone in having this problem, as it seems to be the case with many families around the country.  Since starting my family history research I've discovered that I had many relatives I'd not heard about and not all of them distant, some were very closely related.  Having discovered Rootschat I thought it may be a good way of contacting some of them, especially if they're also researching their family.   
Leckwith - Coles, Lewis, Wyatt, David
Nether/Over Stowey - Coles
Penarth - Pearce, Bate
Cardigan - Jones
Barry - Parsons
Herefordshire - Parsons
Gravesend - Pearce
Wallsall - Bate
Mountain Ash - Battram

Offline jo_46

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 30 March 10 14:17 BST (UK) »
Thank you for your replies.
i should have explained that i was looking at Marriages.  So far I have got the 'trunk' of the tree and now I am looking at the branches.  I want to find out who their partners were and if they had any children.
Flamingjune - it's great to hear from a distant relative.  it's answered my question about whether John married or not.  my great grandmother mary married richard Soley and they had 4 daughters Edith, Ethel ( my grandmother), Mary and Louisa ( unfortunately Richard died before mary gave birth to her).
My dad passed away 6 years ago and so i'm not able to ask him about his family now.
I'd love to hear about your Parson family.

Jo