Author Topic: Did anyone see 'The Russian Revolution in Colour'?  (Read 1126 times)

Paul E

Did anyone see 'The Russian Revolution in Colour'?
« on: Wednesday 23 March 05 07:48 GMT (UK) »
Saw this programme last night on Channel 5.  Was a bit hesitant at first as I wondered why 'colourising' the historical footage could be justified.

In fact, it made the whole thing much more watchable.  They also seemed to slow down the clips so that the people were moving at the right speed (and not at the rather erratic pace they always seem to in old B&W films!).

Paul

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Did anyone see 'The Russian Revolution in Colour'?
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 23 March 05 08:02 GMT (UK) »
Slowing down the film made the war twice as long. ;D

Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)

Paul E

« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 23 March 05 08:37 GMT (UK) »
Off topic here, but hey, this is the Lighter Side...

On the radio the other day there was a discussion about how time seems to pass much more quickly as you get older - a phenomenon we surely all experience?

One suggestion was that as we become more familiar with the routines of our life we are less able to process the idea of how long they take.

Thinking that through, I could see the logic.

Didn't it seem like an age before you got your 100th Rootschat Star?
And, before you knew it, weren't you on 500?

The way to slow things down, apparently, is to keep trying new things that aren't familiar - different destinations for holidays (on the grounds that if you go to the same place it soon becomes difficult to distinguish what happened on which particular visit), new hobbies, etc.

Must mean we'll have to ditch this Family History thing if we want to slow down the passage of time!

cheers

Paul

Offline XPhile2868

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 23 March 05 08:57 GMT (UK) »
It was quite interesting  - i wonder what those who were around in St Petersburg/Kronstadt in 1917 would think now of television and film that had sound.
Smith (Lancashire), McKenna (Ireland/Liverpool/Leyland), Maynard (Hertfordshire/London/Preston), Ricketts (Gloucestershire/Wigan/Preston), Scowcroft (Preston), Harling (N. Yorkshire/Lancashire), Willis (Preston), Clegg (Manchester/Preston), Dodd (Wigan/Cheshire), Alston (Lancashire), Hulks (Hertfordshire), Nicholson (Lancashire/Cumbria), Russell (Lancashire), Wilson (Cumbria), Bracewell (Lancashire), Moxham (Lancashire0

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline deadants

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 23 March 05 09:01 GMT (UK) »
Try learning video editing, you'll think your swiming in wet cement. That reminds me, I think that 2 hour video render must be just about done.

Your Right Paul, I only started learning this new software 2 weeks ago but it feels like a month. "So much to do, so little time"

deadants
Cleary, Doran, Boland, McCooey, McManus, O'brien, Martin, Savage, Wallis, McCollister, Wood.  (More to come soon)