Author Topic: Morton Baggot Church  (Read 955 times)

Offline ricoba

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Morton Baggot Church
« on: Saturday 03 April 10 12:20 BST (UK) »
I know this is a bit of a cheek but I am in Oz and can't get there.If anyone lives around there and has the time could you please take a photo or two of  inside the church.It is of a memorial to Lance Corpoal John Thomas Ross,son of Mrs A Ross.
Pushing my luck a bit more  ;D if it is a nice spring day when you go, you could find a Ross grave or two?Thanks for any help :)
Sims KENT
Hawkins GLOUS
Clarke STAFFORD
Danks WARW
Parker WARW
Godfrey M/SEX
RossWARW

Offline CSRoss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Morton Baggot Church
« Reply #1 on: Monday 03 September 18 19:26 BST (UK) »
John Thomas Ross b 1863 d unknown ~  from records I have I would be 5th generation ~ he had married Mary Kapasheshit June 14 1886 in Rupert house Quebec Canada and from what I have “descendants of John Thomas Ross” information they had 9 children. From what I have been learning Ross ancestors come from Scotland ~ so much history and a lot of reading but John Thomas Ross descends from first voyoguers into which is now know as Hudson Bay which was later trading post where many settlers married indigenous woman. I do know of a link where I read more on the Ross name as it is very rare where I live and I always knew my Ross family was not of northern Ontario however with one of John Thomas daughters Annie Ross b 1902 she had not married however had my grandfather out of wedlock with a Scottish settler and was shunned which lead her to find shelter in another trading post community opposite of James bay which was known as moose fort, moose factory Ontario ~ so we are just one family of Ross in the north ~ hope that ain’t too confusing but I am learning my history my roots all on my own ~

Offline CSRoss

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Morton Baggot Church
« Reply #2 on: Monday 03 September 18 19:42 BST (UK) »
https://waskaganish.ca/introduction-to-our-history/

Rupert’s House, Quebec is now know as Washkaganish, Quebec ~ check out there website they have a lot of links of European settlers first contact ~ just keep reading but keep in mind over the years same first names were passed down through the generations and can get confusing ~ Ross lineage were very determined and committed serving their country and when coming to now Canada majority Ross descendants have huge roles in Canada’s history within all types of industries rail, right across Canada, banking investments, church, hospitals but yes great learning all the history that is available online ~ hope I gave you some help even after all this time from Your post 😁 I am proud of my lineage, so far as a Ojibway/Cree/Scottish descent ~