Author Topic: "Newcome" brickmakers of Ruabon  (Read 2359 times)

Offline alveleyhistorian

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
"Newcome" brickmakers of Ruabon
« on: Thursday 24 March 05 20:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,
Could someone on the list possibly help with this query ??
I would be most interested to find out more about a brickmaking company that used to be in Ruabon called "Newcome" - any help or advice would be much appreciated :) :) :) :)

Offline davies 95

• RootsChat Extra
  • researching family names
    • View Profile
Re: "Newcome" brickmakers of Ruabon
« Reply #1 on: Friday 18 November 05 15:17 GMT (UK) »
http:// :)IN REPLY TO YOUR NOTICE YOU DONT SAY WHAT YEAR YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. THE ONLY BRICKMAKING I KNOW OF IN RUABON WAS DENNIS RUABON BRICKMAKING COMPANY, PEOPLE USED TO CALL IT JINXES RUABON I WORKED THERE IN THE EARLY 70s BUT AS FAR AS I KNOW ITS NO LONGER THERE. I KNOW OF A FEW IN THE AREA OVER THE YEARS BUT  NONE BY THE NAME YOU GAVE "NEWCOME" HOPE THIS INFO IS OF HELP,
have gone back as far as
great great grandfather taking me back beond 1870 trying to find any info on william henry morgan who is along my fathers line had children agnes morgan and florance may morgan who intern married a fred duckett and a thomas mathew . any one have these names in family tree,

Offline suzanna

• RootsChat Extra
  • I've not edited my PROFILE yet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 05 March 16 17:30 GMT (UK) »
I know there was a Bowers Brick works in Ruabon about 1874 as my great great uncle Samson Lemon was involved in an accident there at the tender age of 13.  He spent 12 weeks in the cootage hospital in Ruabon. Jenny

Offline Raybistre

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 05 March 16 21:03 GMT (UK) »
Lots of information on "Ruabon Brick" if you google it. I couldn't see anything re Newcome or Newcombe though. There were several early small brickworks mentioned that were not named. You could try Wrexham County Borough Museum & Archives, http://www.wrexham.gov.uk/english/heritage/wrexham_museum.htm

Ray