Author Topic: Dunns in Dumfriesshire  (Read 3364 times)

Offline lorrainec

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Our sun worshipper!
    • View Profile
Re: Dunns in Dumfriesshire
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 02 May 10 21:51 BST (UK) »
According to the 1851 census, Janet Dunn was living at home with her widower dad, brother and someone named McIntyre - who was a "sister" to the head of the household.   Then in the 1861 census, Janet was living with the McIntyre family as a seamstress.'

Has nothing to do with finding her mother's history ... but interesting all the same!!

Still looking ....
Clewes - Canada
Humphreys - Surrey, Grenada, Canada
Clark - Scotland

Offline lorrainec

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Our sun worshipper!
    • View Profile
Re: Dunns in Dumfriesshire
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 16 May 10 00:23 BST (UK) »
I know I am going off on a tangent ... but I need something tangible to work on!!

I found Janet Bane Dun, b. 1831

http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#surname=dunn&p=recordResults&searchType=close&year=1831&placeId=8003998&alivePlaceLoc1=Dumfries%2C%20Scotland%2C%20United%20Kingdom&toYear=1900&givenName=janet%20bean

and I found her on the 1871 Scottish census with husband William and children.  Of course, I won't know if it is her without a marriage cert.  They were married, according to LDS, on Aug 11, 1865, in Dumfries.

As Janet is a peripheral person to my original search (info on her mother), I don't want to spend the $ on a cert at the moment ... but don't hold me to that thought ... I could break down any minute!!

Lorraine
Clewes - Canada
Humphreys - Surrey, Grenada, Canada
Clark - Scotland