Author Topic: Re: Passport size photo  (Read 4044 times)

Offline celia

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Passport size photo
« on: Friday 30 April 10 22:39 BST (UK) »
This year i need a re-new a passport size photo.but i am not having any more taken by those machins.The last one i had updated my face turned out green :o I got my money back though :D I want to take my own with my camera this time. I have taken a few in the past and they are good actually. How do i get them to passport size though. I read somewhere that if you change the size to 4 B 6 then transfare  8 of them onto A4  glossy photo paper.They automatically reduce to Passport size to fit the paper.Is that right, if so i can do that.My friend got her son to take her  photo last year then re-sized  it and it was excepted,more and more people are doing this.who wants to pay nearly four pounds for a photo that looks like it is for a prison record ;D

Celia

Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

M.I.Merchant Marina's Rake Lane

FLORENCE JONES MARRIED JOHN GIBBON HIGNETT IN 1885

Offline Pels.

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: Friday 30 April 10 22:46 BST (UK) »

Celia, a word of good advice .. get it done properly. It's worth every penny of the cost not to have it rejected. I wish my son was here to have a word with you, he had problems only a fortnight ago.

Not what you wanted to hear, I'm sorry !  :(

Pels.

Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline les_looking

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 30 April 10 23:04 BST (UK) »
This year i need a re-new a passport size photo.but i am not having any more taken by those machins.The last one i had updated my face turned out green :o I got my money back though :D I want to take my own with my camera this time. I have taken a few in the past and they are good actually. How do i get them to passport size though. I read somewhere that if you change the size to 4 B 6 then transfare  8 of them onto A4  glossy photo paper.They automatically reduce to Passport size to fit the paper.Is that right, if so i can do that.My friend got her son to take her  photo last year then re-sized  it and it was excepted,more and more people are doing this.who wants to pay nearly four pounds for a photo that looks like it is for a prison record ;D

Celia

try this, we have used it a few times ;)

http://www.portraitbooth.com/

and hints to sizes
http://www.photo-i.co.uk/creative_i/passporthd.htm

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 May 10 00:01 BST (UK) »
My Photo isn't for a passport in fact it looks smaller on my card  (Credit card size) you can just about see the top of my shoulders.It was taken in a photo shop in town you can see a lot less of me than you can on the photo machine ones ;D

Les I have looked at the websites one is American so no use as i am in England.Not sure if i could manage the second I like easy ;D
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline les_looking

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 May 10 00:39 BST (UK) »
lol i gave you the 2nd link so you could have the sizes to alter for the first,
as Pels said if you struggle with them might be safer to get an "official" one done ;)

just to add you may want to read this first and THEN decide

http://www.ips.gov.uk/cps/rde/xchg/ips_live/hs.xsl/36.htm

Offline mothball

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 01 May 10 21:21 BST (UK) »
Hello Celia

As long as you can print out a clear photo set to the guidelines  that is no bigger than 3.5cm x 4.5cm there shouldn't be a problem.

I think the sizing sheet you are referring to are not the correct size.   You'll have to have adequate resizing software to change the size of the photo.

Hope this helps

Steven

Devote/o/i/a/ee - Italy - PembrokeMorris - Pembroke Dock 1786Wignall - London - 1800JonesMaesteg

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 02 May 10 14:20 BST (UK) »
Celia

OH and I went to Jessops and had our photos taken.  As cheap as the booths and they were exactly as decreed by the passport bureaucrats.  OH always looks really funny as the bureaucrats decree the background has to be white and as he has white hair .......... ;D ;D ;D

Offline celia

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 02 May 10 16:08 BST (UK) »
Hi All

OH always looks really funny as the bureaucrats decree the background has to be white and as he has white hair ..........
Lizzie
What would happen if he had dyed it brown since the last passport photo :-\

I have now been in to my Lexmark All in one centre which i use a lot.I allways install the printer disk because you can do anything with your photos you want.It also saves downloading  from the net. I did know and have done,put different photos on a A4 or 4 By 6 card. So I found the part and found Passport size,so for practice i found a photo of me i took myself Head and shoulders. Then put four of the same on A4 should have been 4B6 but no matter its only practice ;D  The photo is brilliant,i have another 2 months before i need a new photo.so will get son to take one of me and ask the office if its acceptable.I just want to do this for my own curiosity and i would prefare not to have a green face and  look like i have chicken pox ;D ;D

Celia
Celia 1941-2010
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rake Lane Burials

Offline LizzieW

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • I'm nearer to finding out who you are thanks DNA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 02 May 10 17:05 BST (UK) »
What would happen if he had dyed it brown since the last passport photo

;D ;D ;D

Not likely, he's had white hair since he was about 30.  His mother's hair went white when she was about 21.  However, none of our children have white hair, although some are going grey.

Lizzie