Author Topic: MGY lookup request:1861.  (Read 817 times)

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
MGY lookup request:1861.
« on: Saturday 26 March 05 21:26 GMT (UK) »
Much appreciated if you could check the following for me please:
David Humphreys,head,55ish,weaver,Newtown.
Elizabeth,wife,51ish,milliner,Newtown.
Hannah,daughter,27ish,dressmaker,Newtown(possibly no longer living with parents).
Evan,son,21ish,weaver,Newtown.
John,son,18ish,Newtown.
Elizabeth,daughter,17ish,Newtown.
In the 1851 they are resident in Upper Green,Newtown.
Thank you......................... :) ;)
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
Re: MGY lookup request:1861.
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 March 05 14:42 BST (UK) »
Llwyd,

I have looked for the 55ish year old David Humphreys and can't find him.  I checked other ages, around 55, but none of the David's listed were born in Newtown.  The same seems to apply to his wife Elizabeth.

There are no 27ish! year old Hannah Humphreys, so I assume that she has married by 1861.......if only you had her knew name!!!!!!

This is a possibility for son Evan:-

Living at The Frolic, Newton

Evan Humphreys Married and age 21, occupation Wool Spinner and his wife 22 year old Mary, occupation Dress Maker.  With them is their 1 year old son John.  All were born in Newtown.

Unfortunately, I cannot find any possibilities for 18ish year old John, and there is only one entry that might be Elizabeth:

A nurse living at Turners Lane Lower, Newtown, Elizabeth Humphreys aged 14 (too young, I know, but thought I would post it just in case!!).

Sorry I haven't been very succesful but I will keep looking - I may have missed them!

Jan

All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline Llwyd

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Searching,forever searching!!!.
    • View Profile
Re: MGY lookup request:1861.
« Reply #2 on: Monday 28 March 05 12:15 BST (UK) »
Thanks for that Jan.They may well have moved as I have David,Elizabeth,Evan and another daughter,Mary,28yrs,living in Llangollen in the 1881.Evan is unmarried according to the 1881.
Thanks for trying................... :) ;) ;D
Humphreys; originating in Montgomeryshire and spreading out locally, nationally and internationally.
"Yma o hyd".