Author Topic: Farrow/Barlow [sheffield]  (Read 3465 times)

Offline patridee

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Farrow/Barlow [sheffield]
« on: Saturday 22 May 10 19:22 BST (UK) »

I am looking for relatives of Agnes Barlow born 1882 in sheffield married Arthur Farrow.

Lived in sheffield until app.1918, then moved to churwell Leeds.
Lacey-west yorkshire.  rayner west yorkshire. barlow sheffield. farrow- sheffield west yorkshire. whepstead suffolk. seeley brockley suffolk

Offline freebee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Farrow/Barlow [sheffield]
« Reply #1 on: Monday 24 May 10 13:08 BST (UK) »
my grandmother was rachel farrow born 1885 and sister to arthur farrow if that is any help to you.

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 24 May 10 13:21 BST (UK) »
An obvious way forward (or back!) with this one is to get the marriage certificate which will give her father's name.  According to freebmd.org.uk they married in Dec 1901 which is too late to find them toegther in the 1901 census but you should be able to find them in 1911.  We can't offer look ups for 1911 but you can glean a lot from the index and everybody has to pay to look at the image.
Regards
Andrea

Offline patridee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 24 May 10 14:20 BST (UK) »

Thanks Freebee

That is great. Have managed to research the farrows back to Suffolk. They lived in a
    village called Whepstead.
    Am now starting on the Sheffield area of the family.

So you are a distant cousin. How very exciting.
      Would love to hear about your side of the family.

Patridee
Lacey-west yorkshire.  rayner west yorkshire. barlow sheffield. farrow- sheffield west yorkshire. whepstead suffolk. seeley brockley suffolk

Offline freebee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 25 May 10 12:24 BST (UK) »
Great stuff, please to meet you. These are the people I have in the Farrow family, (the children of John James Farrow and Phancy Uranah Crookes) do they correspond with your info. Alice Farrow b 1877 who married George William Dawes,  Annie b 1878 ? who she married in 1902 but also resided in Leeds, Arthur b 1880 married Agnes Barlow 1901, Mary b 1883 who married Herbert Hallat 1907, Rachel b 22 10 1885 who married George Freestone 1907, ?Lucy b 1889, (don't know who she married), James Crookes Farrow b 1893 married Sarah Ann Day 1912, John Willie b 1896 died 1902, Eva b 1899 don't know who she married ? emigrated to America and Ralph Crookes Farrow b 1902 married Doris Gillott 1924. Rachel had children George b 1908, Betty b 1911, Richard b 1918 d 1918 and Robert b 1920 I have a few photographs of John James Farrow and Phancy Uranah Crookes. regards Beryl

Offline patridee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 25 May 10 14:21 BST (UK) »

Hi Beryl,thanks for all your info.I had not got as far as the marriages yet so that is
  a great help. I have all the same children as you apart from Ralph had not come
  across him yet. I also have an Ivey b. 1890, have not found out what happened
  to her yet, as she doesnt appear on later census.
  Arthur m Agnes 1901. had Reginald b 1902, Winifred b 1905, Hilda b1908, John b
  1910, Margery b 1913 and Kathleen b 1924 [my mum]..

I would love to see photo's of John James and Phancy.

You are the second distant cousin I have found in 2 weeks. The other person
  is conected to the Suffolk side of the family.

Do you live in Yorkshire ?
  I live in Leeds.

Regards Pat.

Offline freebee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 25 May 10 15:03 BST (UK) »
Dear Pat, I live in Australia. Rachel and George Freestone emigrated in 1924. They used to live in Tinsley near Sheffield. grandad was an engine driver for the Tinsley colliery. Could you send me a private message with your email address and I will scan what photographs I have and send them to you. Beryl
p.s. I also have an Ivey which I think they called Lucy at times, I will have to send for the birth certificate to see what her real name was.

Offline bev256g

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Sunday 30 May 10 10:10 BST (UK) »
Hi

I too am researching the Farrow family, but am stuck at the first hurdle really.  My Grandad was a Farrow but not by birth so I don't have any ideas, at the moment of who his.

It could be a John R Farrow born in Sheringham 1880's, not sure of a date.  He married my GGrandma Cissy Mabel Gibbons in 1913 Erpington 4b137.  All this is information that someone else has sent to me so I can't confirm it yet.

I wondered if it may fit in with anything you have?

Regards
Bev
Phillips, Hawkins - Derbyshire
Hawkins - Coolspring, USA
Hutton - Sheffield

Offline patridee

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 30 May 10 16:42 BST (UK) »

Sorry Bev you Farrow doesn't seem to fit in with any of mine.
   Happy hunting.

Regards

Pat