Author Topic: Keenan/McGee's of Armagh  (Read 2993 times)

Offline sarabeth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Keenan/McGee's of Armagh
« on: Saturday 22 May 10 21:17 BST (UK) »
I am seeking information regarding the family of John Keenan and Elisabeth McGee from County Armagh.  John Keenan was born circa 1797 in Armagh.  He married Elisabeth McGee.  They had the following children:  Francis, James, Susannah, and Sarah.  The family moved to Lotbinierre, Quebec, Canada probabley in the1840's.  Francis and siblings eventually moved to the Boston, Massachusetts area. 
Francis Keenan's US citizenship papers stated that he was born on or around 26 July 1827 in County Armagh.  I would like to locate the parish/townland if possible.  I already checked the Irish family history foundation site with no luck...
Anyone with a connection out there?
Any suggestions???
Sara Carroll

Offline bloodties

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Keenan/McGee's of Armagh
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 June 10 12:56 BST (UK) »
On emerald ancestors there is a marriage for Francis Keenan and a Ann Burke
 16 september 1863 lurgan civil registrars office parish shankill civil district Lurgan co.Armagh.

regards
Crouch  Craig Hawthorn(e) Atkinson Mulholland Wilson Loughlin

Offline sarabeth

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 June 10 11:25 BST (UK) »
Thank you...sounds like there could be a  connection!

Sara

Offline jochoy

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 12 February 12 22:55 GMT (UK) »
My great great great grandparents were John Keenan and Elizabeth McGee Keenan of County Armagh Ireland.  Their son Francis Robert Keenan was born on 7/26/1827 and came to the United States via Maidstone, Vermont on or about 7/11/1844.  Francis married Anne LaRoach in Quebec, Canada.  Anne LaRoach was born in Sylvester, Quebec.  Does this information help you?

Offline jackodonnell

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 26 January 24 01:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi

My gggrandmother is Susannah Keenan who is Francis's sister.  I have written a website about my Keenan and Henry ancestors in QC  https://sites.google.com/view/henryhistory  I have visited the QC area many times and amconnected to historians there.  Best contact is via jod23832944ATGmail

Jack ODonnell
Chicago

I am seeking information regarding the family of John Keenan and Elisabeth McGee from County Armagh.  John Keenan was born circa 1797 in Armagh.  He married Elisabeth McGee.  They had the following children:  Francis, James, Susannah, and Sarah.  The family moved to Lotbinierre, Quebec, Canada probabley in the1840's.  Francis and siblings eventually moved to the Boston, Massachusetts area. 
Francis Keenan's US citizenship papers stated that he was born on or around 26 July 1827 in County Armagh.  I would like to locate the parish/townland if possible.  I already checked the Irish family history foundation site with no luck...
Anyone with a connection out there?
Any suggestions???
Sara Carroll