Author Topic: Swansea , Gapper, Allen, Day,Jenkins Truscott, Goss ,Lot/tt  (Read 4194 times)

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Swansea , Gapper, Allen, Day,Jenkins Truscott, Goss ,Lot/tt
« on: Thursday 27 May 10 03:02 BST (UK) »
Hi all, please do anyone have an ancestor/s of these names at all?Hannah Jenkins of Llangyfelach ab; 1812,married George Truscott.born in Cornwall , I have his details,He married Hannah Jenkins before sept qtr 1837.[Joseph Lot/lott-and family of Swansea  many of these;11a826] also plenty of dates and info re;the Goss  family of Swansea from 1700 onward;,-  first origininated from Devon. Mary Catherine Goss of Landore married Henry Gapper ,dates of all her sisters and brothers etc;[ George Truscott= tin works] who married Hannah Jenkins..of Llangyfelach, her father was born in Monmouthshire- later  Hannah and George owned the Landore Inn, public house; all or 'most' of their children were born in the Landore Inn. Ihave all the childrens names here.'Elizabeth Allen'=Walter Jenkins[Trealey Farm] of Cwmcarvon. Also the daughter of Robert and 'Mary Allen[nee Day']Although Ihave details of the above names I am now working with these names at present 'ALLEN,'Robert and James.Thornbury glo; and' DAY' Mary, 1743. BRN  Biltson ,Stafford, lived in gloucestor; she had 3 children John, Mary and Elizabeth..'But I should really like to correspond with person/s of any of these names above,    great thanks from Diane.  ps ; I am originally from Swansea ,now residing in Australia.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Swansea , Gapper, Allen, Day,Jenkins Truscott, Goss ,Lot/tt
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 30 June 10 03:09 BST (UK) »
Hi all, Today I realized just how many people read my post; I thank you. Also today I had a reply from Ancestry re; my Hannah Jenkins Truscott... after 1 year..whom I have been researcing for 4 years but have not been really certain if her mother was Elizabeth Allen, 'as no berth certs then.'.. Anyhow I am
 waiting a veryfication , dates etc;reply from USA  soon!           My line of which I seem to keep researching with is Hannah Jenkins who owned the Landore Inn, during the 1800"s. Please If you may be of these Jenkins's line [they were tin-workers] before they owned they owned the Landore Inn[outside Swansea town] I do have dates etc; of Hannah Jenkins who married George Truscott. If you have [any] of the names that I posted here previously] please reply? in case you may be of these same lineages, great thanks Diane.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 06 August 10 05:47 BST (UK) »
Hi , does anyone have these  etc in their family tree please?  GOSS, LOT/TT ABRAHAM/TRUSCOTT/ JENKINS/  MARY DAY/ JOHN DAY/ MARY ALLEN/ALSO .MARY ALLIN/ ANN DAVIES/ GEORGE BRADSHAW/ PRITCHARD FAMILY/ GRIFFITHS/ JOHN FAMILY/  all from s, wales, n, wales, ireland, stafordshire/cornwall/ thanks.. I do have dates to share and info if you feel that you may be of this /these lines. great thanks Diane in oz.

Offline cathyuk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 26 August 10 17:01 BST (UK) »
hi im tracing the Allen family, address are mainly in macclesfield cheshire and stoke on trent.

Catherine

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 28 August 10 01:15 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine, I have placed info on these boards here.. gloucester board/ Staffordshire board/ monmouthshire board.  when you have time do have a read up on these boards, ? there you will find info of dates etc; re; my Allen connections. Hopefully we may have some links.best wishes Diane.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 28 August 10 02:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine, I have placed info on these boards here.. gloucester board/ Staffordshire board/ monmouthshire board.  when you have time do have a read up on these boards, ? there you will find info of dates etc; re; my Allen connections. Hopefully we may have some links.best wishes Diane.
PS just realized that my messages were all sent a couple of months ago, must be difficult for you to be findind! so perhaps you can read my profile page for readind some of my messages there? D.

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 29 August 10 01:15 BST (UK) »
hi im tracing the Allen family, address are mainly in macclesfield cheshire and stoke on trent.

Catherine
Hi , here are some of my Allen family line so far.. Robert Allen1 RA married Mary Day on 26/05/1765 Thornbury glo; Also John Allen d, Mitchel Troy mon; 1834= decedants of robert allen and mary day.. Catherine, Maryb, 1834. mitchel troy/ another Catherine b, 1763 thornbury glocester, d, Cwmcarvon Monmouthshire; A Catherine [allin] b, 1806 [3 names here of 3 different MARY's Eilabeth Ann John [James 1837]   also some decendants of ROBERT and Mary and SAMUEL DAY . if you need them. My Elizabeth Allen was born in 1796 thorn glo; she married Walter Jenkins  they lived in TREALEY FARM MONMOUTHSHIRE  more info if you think that we may be linked somehow... also Eliz, daughter was named ELIZABETH also who was born 1798 '10 children in all.'. regards Diane.Other names is side of my family are Truscott/day/bradshaw.  to name just a few from this line for nw.  are Allin/Allen/ Jenkins/ Lott/ Goss/

Offline cathyuk

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 09 October 10 14:51 BST (UK) »
Hi Diane
I dont think this is the same line of Allens but If I come up with any matches I will let  you know.

Regards

Catherine

Offline Diane Heddon

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 10 October 10 00:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Catherine, Thank you, here's hoping that we may have an Allen link along the line one day, best regards Diane. :)