Author Topic: Hanlon  (Read 5566 times)

Offline koe

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Hanlon
« on: Saturday 29 May 10 06:44 BST (UK) »
Am looking for any info of  Sarah Hanlon born  25 nov 1843 county Louth.she went to Australia on the ship wansfell 1863.Mothers name am told Margaret Macnamee. 

Offline shanew147

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dublin, Ireland
    • View Profile
Re: Hanlon
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 May 10 10:12 BST (UK) »
Civil registration started in Ireland in 1864 and to find earlier details you will need to research parish records. To start this you need to know the family religion and where in Co. Louth they lived - i.e. parish, town, townland.

see : Introduction to Irish Records

Some parish records for Co. Louth are available online on the pay-site of the Irish Family History Foundation website at www.irish-roots.ie - but note they only include Catholic records at the moment.

Shane
Remember to check the Resource boards :  Ireland, Dublin, Antrim & Cork (and stickies at the top of other county sub-forums)    
My Surname Interests

Offline JanW

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 23 December 10 21:07 GMT (UK) »
Hello,

I have a Mary Hanlon born about 1848 married Michael Feron (Fearon) in 1869 in RC Chapel of Ravensdale, (Lordship RC, Rampark, Louth)  one of the witnesses was Catherine Hanlon (presumably a sister).   Father was Thomas Hanlon a fisherman of Rampark, Co. Louth.   Don't know whether this could be the same family but may give you an area to start looking.

Good luck

Jan

Offline sziada

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 09 October 12 09:39 BST (UK) »
In my wife's family we have a Sarah Hanlon form County Louth who was born in 1843.

She sailed to Rockhampton, Queensland and worked as a servant. She married Thomas Quinn form Waterford. She died in 1924 aged 81.
They had seven children. Several died in infancy.

I have an image of Sarah.

I don't have any information on her parents.