Author Topic: HARRISON's from Spridlington  (Read 6109 times)

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
HARRISON's from Spridlington
« on: Saturday 29 May 10 13:20 BST (UK) »

My Charles HARRISON b 1852 Spridlington pos parents John HARRISON [ farmer ] and Ann or Marianne SWAIN. pos siblings were Betsy b 1841 Charles b 1842 Susannah b 1857 John Fredk 1863. Ann/Marianne's father was Benjamin SWAIN b c 1792 Leake.
Charles at time of his marriage 1881 in Yorkshire was a Gateman, his wife remarries in 1904 in Northumberland. I can't find a birth or death for Charles.
Would anyone know of any sites that give Railway accidents/deaths with the Great Northan Railways in the years between 1881 and 1904.

many thanks for taking the time to read my post
Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Offline Hollander

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: HARRISON's from Spridlington
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 29 May 10 13:23 BST (UK) »
This link might be of use, Yonks Ago.

http://www.railwaysarchive.co.uk/
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 29 May 10 13:50 BST (UK) »
Hello,
re Charles' birth- there is one in December quarter 1851  :-\ which means he would be 9 yrs at time of census.
There is also one for Betsey Ann 1850 which fits with 1861 census.

heywood
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 29 May 10 14:02 BST (UK) »
Thank you Finbar Resartus and Heywood
Great to have your help! been looking at the site Finbar...have taken note of those births to follow up.

As I know nothing of Charles other than he married into family, I'm thinking that finding his death would be a the way to go first  ??? some where between 1881 and 1904   ::) which could be anywhere and not knowing the U.K. makes things rather hard.

Regards
Yonks Ago
Kilgallon Langdon Nicol Bolger Smith Carlisle Thomas Delahide Blackman Harley Amphlett Scarbourgh Murrish Oats Tonkin Aveyard Armitage Child Fox Bland Gomersal Mountain Gelder Harrison Armstrong Laws Steel Main Lambert Law Laws Christie Kirk Bell Black Amphlett Barclay Harley Dewar Rodger Fortune McCann Nealis Sutherland Rumgay

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 29 May 10 14:04 BST (UK) »
Who did he marry in 1881?

Have you got his spouse and any children in 1891 and 1901  before her marriage in 1904?

heywood

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 29 May 10 14:19 BST (UK) »
He married Sarah [ nee AMRITAGE ] who may had married three times!
[1] to AVEYARD [2] to Charles HARRISON..[ have m/c they had son Albert b 1881 ] then in 1904 she married Thomas HARRISON in Northumberland [ have m/c ]
It is Charles's death that I'm seeking to find.

Yonks Ago

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 29 May 10 14:23 BST (UK) »
Sorry Heywood

Yes have children to Aveyard.....no children to the second HARRISON
Just need to find death for Charles to put correct parents and siblings to him as well as a death date and cause and where!

Thank you
Yonks Ago

Online heywood

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 29 May 10 14:25 BST (UK) »
Hello,
yes I know that you are looking for his death so I was trying to place his wife and children to see what the census said about her- was she a widow etc.

The details you give re Charles put him in that family in 1861 with siblings etc.

heywood

Offline Yonks Ago

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 29 May 10 14:44 BST (UK) »
Sorry again,
Have not found a married to AVEYARD..children born as AVEYARD

in 1881 she was a widow [ AVEYARD ] in Yorkshire and with children and a border  ::) Charles HARRISON [ have Aveyard's death Sarah as wife and informant ]

in 1891 she is servant [ HARRISON ] in Yorkshire...... her children were living with family members!! [ can't find where Charles was at this time ]

1901 [ HARRISON ] and with  ::) Thomas HARRISON and two of her sons and two grandsons.

Quite a puzzle
Yonks Ago