Author Topic: CONROY - 2 mysteries - BOSTON  (Read 16964 times)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
Re: CONROY - 2 mysteries - BOSTON
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 10 June 10 21:12 BST (UK) »
I have found a Mark J and Annie with 2 children on the 1900 census Everett Ward 1, Middlesex, Massachusetts but if it is to be believed the immigration year is 1881.  Don't think they are correct

Mark J Conroy 28 Married 1895
Annie Conroy 29 Immigrated 1886
Mary Conroy 2
Winnifred Conroy new born

"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

Census information is Crown Copyright  http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • 4 generations of Prestidge, 1835-1985
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Thursday 10 June 10 21:36 BST (UK) »
hmmm....worth keeping that one mind anyway
All UK census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Thursday 10 June 10 22:09 BST (UK) »
Just crawled through pages and pages of the 1920 census looking for CONROY...for any signs of Mark & Annie.  My daughter is playing up, so I'll have to settle her...thank you for sticking with me :) 

I tried ringing my MIL, but she's out...haven't been able to get hold of her at all...maybe at the weekend, we'll take a spin down and visit!

BARNETT- Buckinghamshire, Bedfordshire, Dorset HILSDEN/HILLSDEN/HILLSDON- Buckinghamshire, Berkshire, Canada PRESTIDGE/PRESTAGE- Warwickshire, Northamptonshire, Islington PINNIGER/PINEGAR/PINNEGAR - Wiltshire       Brambleby - Kent, Middlesex     
LEACH- Norfolk   BUTTERWORTH - Lancashire   OTTON - Somerset  LAWRENCE - Berkshire

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: Thursday 10 June 10 22:24 BST (UK) »
Mark was naturalized in 1897 Massachusetts and it gives a birth date of 17 March 1871, so surely that cannot be the right one. Way to early.

Cannot see a Winnifred on Census for 1910 Massachusetts
Can see a death record for a Winifred in Whitman. Massachusetts. 1907 and lots of Mary Conroy between 1901 - 1910  ???

http://www.sec.state.ma.us/vitalrecordssearch/VitalRecordsSearch.aspx

One to bear in mind for brother Michael.
Found a naturalisation record for a Michael J Conroy born 21 st April 1877. County Galway. Ireland. Naturalized July 31 st 1900. Address:- 21 Hudson Street. Boston. Massachusetts.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner"

British Census copyright The National Archives; Canadian Census copyright Library and Archives Canada

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: Thursday 10 June 10 22:31 BST (UK) »
On the 1910 census...it said they had been married for 3 years, and the year of immigration was 190?, so we can probably discount that one.

have found an Annie Conroy, widow in the 1920 census...with two daughters...am going to see if I can find her in the 1910. 

Added: Can't find her in 1910...but could be the one you found in 1900. 

I'm calling it a night...I have to try and gt more information.  Too many names!!!

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: Thursday 10 June 10 23:07 BST (UK) »
Well found. What are the daughters names ? What year of birth for Annie ?

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: Thursday 10 June 10 23:12 BST (UK) »
I edited the last post, but just caught yours...she was 50 in 1920, so made her DOB 1870...so very possibly the one you found with Mark...the daughters ages were a bit out too.

Nite for now :)  ;D

Offline Daisy Loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: Friday 11 June 10 11:01 BST (UK) »
aghhhhh!  Getting info from rellies is like pulling teeth!

Okay...Mark married an Annie McCloughlin (not sure of spelling), and they lived in Cleggan, and had two children.  But although he went to the States, he lived in Cleggan the rest of his life, which is why we can't find him on later censuses.  oh!  If only they could tell us this!

It is amazing, the last time I spoke to this lady, she barely remembered Mark...next time I spoke to her she remembered a whole load more.  I'll try and get more info :)

Offline *Sandra*

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Marie Curie
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: Friday 11 June 10 12:15 BST (UK) »
There were so many passenger lists that Mark was due to be on and then never boarded which was rather strange but at least you have found some info and know his whereabouts.  Still think you might get alot of help on the Ireland Board which might help us pin down the children of Peter and Ellen. Cheaper than buying certs.   Take it you have no reply from your enquiry re that tree  ???