Author Topic: Ennis/Purcell - any help appreciated  (Read 2363 times)

Offline lyndie1980

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ennis/Purcell - any help appreciated
« on: Wednesday 09 June 10 00:17 BST (UK) »
hi

I am looking for some help in locating a marriage for John Ennis and Mary Purcell.  I think Mary was born in Kilkenny 1810 (area unknown).  John was born Dublin 1811 (from what cencus states).

I think they will have married between 1830 - 1840 and i think it would be in Kilkenny.  John and Mary came to the UK as they are on the 1841 cencus living here.  They have had 2 daughers, Mary and Francis....Mary was 4 in 1841 and Francis 2.  On the ancestry cencus for uk 1841 it says Mary and Francis born in Dubllin.  I think therefore John and Mary would have definately been wed before children were born.

any help or comments appreciated on this.  My knowledge does not stretch far as it is limited to what i have found on uk cencus records.

Thank you xx :)

Offline lyndie1980

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Ennis/Purcell - any help appreciated
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 09 June 10 00:19 BST (UK) »
sorry...further info i have John Ennis is a brushmaker for a living ;-)

Offline agho

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: Ennis/Purcell - any help appreciated
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 13 June 10 10:30 BST (UK) »
The marriage took place before civil registration began so you will have to rely on church records. Do you know what religion they were?
Some church records for Dublin on www.irishgenealogy.ie - more to be added on 16th June.
Some records for Kilkenny & Dublin on www.irish-roots.ie - this is pay to view site @ €5 a record but searching is free.

Be aware that church records are far from complete and there are many errors and omissions.
Burns Scotland/Australia/Cork
Fitzgerald East Cork
Lynch Glanmire/Glounthaune
Walsh Clare/Westmeath
Haskett
Murley Cork