Author Topic: 1851 Kent Census Image Request with Reference  (Read 442 times)

Offline Ruth

• RootsChat Member
  • Great Aunt Gladys
    • View Profile
1851 Kent Census Image Request with Reference
« on: Monday 28 March 05 19:20 BST (UK) »
Hi

Many years ago I found one of my HILDER families in Pembury, Kent in 1851.  My transcription of the names was rather creative in places and I wonder whether increasing familiarity with census handwriting and the enhancements possible with digital images I could now make a better go of deciphering it.

If anyone has the 1851 CDs for Kent, please could you let me have HO 107/1615 folio 352 page 2 (Head of Household: Hannah HILDER).  If you let me know if you can help I'll send you a private message with my email address.

Thanks!

Ruth
Interests include:
LANSDELL in Kent & Sussex; WELLER in Kent; SELMAN/SOLOMON in Yorkshire and Staffordshire; BROYD in Essex/Cambridgeshire; KETTERIDGE in Essex/Cambridgeshire

Offline carol_cholsey

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 Kent Census Image Request with Reference
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 07 April 05 23:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Ruth,
Send me a message, and I'll mail the image through. It will be saved as a .doc file that you can read in word, is that OK.
xx Carol.
WINTON in Sussex & Kent; ALGER, ANTHONEY & MERCER in Rotherhithe, Surrey & Deptford, Kent; WHITBREAD in Shefford, Beds; KEELING in Yorks, Lincs & Leics; BLONK & SEASTRON in Sheffield, Yorks; BENNETT, MILLER, SUMMERS, BOSSLEY, WOULDHAM & SHOVLAR in Gravesend, Kent

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk