Author Topic: 1841/1851 Look-up. Durham - St. Marys  (Read 568 times)

Offline Madraykin

• RootsChat Member
  • GGG Grandfather Captain Robert Francis Hodgson
    • View Profile
1841/1851 Look-up. Durham - St. Marys
« on: Tuesday 29 March 05 09:55 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to find a definitive record of a Francis Hodgson, born circa. 1786 in St Marys (this is not certain, at familysearch.org) Durham. He married a Mary Sharp at St Margarets 28/09/1811 and went on to have quite a few children.

My only problem is that I'm stuck with him. Another member of the family has provided me with some names that a late relative gave to him, and says that the link is through Francis, but as I can't find a record of him anywhere I can't link it up. If my relative isn't leading me on a wild goose chase, he is related to someone called Charles Hodgson, born 6/11/1784 (married Sarah Barker in 1805 in Witton Gilbert) in either Gainford or Witton Gilbert (logic would say that this is his brother), and in this case his parents would be called John Hodgson (09/07/1748 in Winston) and Ann Hodgson (26/12/1754 in Winston).

If there's anyone that can help me to either establish or quash this link I would be ever so grateful, it's the one thing that's stopping me taking the family further back - I've got the Hodgson's back to 1680 if Charles does indeed relate to Francis!!!

Thanks for listening to my waffling, hope to hear from you soon.

Mads
xxxxxxxxx
Hodgson (Durham); Harwood (Lenches, Worcestershire); Henry (Carmarthenshire)<br /><br />All census info is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline MINOR

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: 1841/1851 Look-up. Durham - St. Marys
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 April 05 14:08 BST (UK) »
I found this in 1841 census, New Durham. HO 107 320 pg 44
It may tie in somewhere in your jigsaw;

Edward Hodgson, 60,  Miner
Mary, 60
Joseph, 25, Miner
Edward, 30, Miner
Ann,30
Mary, 6
Edward,4
Francis,1
Clavering, Hudson, Baister, Bloomfield, Duff, Donaldson, Oxendale, Dodds, Lazenby,  Dodsworth, Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk