Author Topic: hillier neal  (Read 2115 times)

Offline ZIPPY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
hillier neal
« on: Tuesday 29 March 05 11:57 BST (UK) »
i am trying to trace a hillier neal born 24/12/1876 hullavington i believe married a caroline gough in malmesbury around 1905 the wedding i am to sure of as this moment after this the trail goes cold a family rumour has it that he was deported for stealing sheep but to where and this is only a rumour any information on him would be greatfully received 

zippy

Offline ZIPPY

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: hillier neal
« Reply #1 on: Friday 15 April 05 10:48 BST (UK) »
more information that i have found since posting the original message that may help which is yet to be clarified  hillier married a caroline gough in malmesbury 1903 and they had a son cecil hillier neal born malmebury march 1904 please could any one help with tracing this side of the family. they could have ended up canada if there is any strength in the rumour

:)
mike neal

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good job they all stayed in one place!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: hillier neal
« Reply #2 on: Friday 15 April 05 22:31 BST (UK) »

Hi Mike.....didnt know if you already had this info but i'll post anyway just incase. There was already a Neal in Hullavington in 1841 called William and this is him.

Working as male servant to William Tugnall (farmer)

William Neal 25 born in this county

census taken Tything of Surrendell Furleaze HO107/1172/73 page 25  best wishes cheryle.f
mussellwhite, musselwhite,curtis, grey or gray,bundy,moody, lawrence  and now Webb   in wiltshire,hampshire and dorset.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk