Author Topic: Alexander ROWE/Jane  (Read 4100 times)

Offline Boleyn Lady

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Alexander ROWE/Jane
« on: Sunday 27 June 10 08:12 BST (UK) »
I believe my 3 x Gt Grandparents were Alexander Rowe and Jane? Thier daughter Elizabeth Jane Rowe was born abt 1811 Marazion..I dont have a birth year for Alexander or a maiden name for Jane but would appreciate any further information if possible..It was only last week that I found out my Gt Gt Grandmothers parents were the above.I wonder if Alexander could have been related somehow to Perran Rowe..Only a thought with that one..

Many Thanks
Moreton from Abingdon..Morton from Westham.Davies from Cornwall and Westham..McClelland from Ireland and Woolwich,Ackley from All Saints Leicestershire..Whitehead from Scotland,Ireland and Woolwich..Plant from Woolwich, Litchfield Staffordshire, the Cape Of Good Hope and Ireland..Prisk from St Hilary Cornwall. Rowe from Marazion and Cornwall..Sturgeon from Stanton Suffolk,Levitt from Fleet Lincolnshire and Islington.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Alexander ROWE/Jane
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 27 June 10 08:53 BST (UK) »
Hi

The baptism records from Cormwall FHS show that Elizabeth Jane, daughter of Alexander and Jane was baptised on 12 April 1816, Marazion

There was an Elizabeth Jane Rowe baptised on 22 August 1811 in Falmouth but her mother was Elizabeth Rowe

The only marriage that I can see for Alexanader and a Jane is at St Gluvias on 21 August 1786  to a Jane Carwithil. However that is 30 years before the birth/baptism so I'm not too sure that it would be the correct one. Jane could have been quite young when she married and Elizabeth might have been the last child.

Gadget

Added ~

Baptism of a Jane Carwithill on 28 August 1763 at St Gluvias - so a little old to be the one who was the mother of your Elizabeth Jane.

Parents: John Carwithill and Anne
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 27 June 10 09:07 BST (UK) »
In addition, the IGI (extracted series)  have a marriage on 4 Sept 1798 in St George's,  East Stonehouse, Devon between an Alexander Rowe and a Jane Moore.

:-\

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Boleyn Lady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 June 10 09:29 BST (UK) »
Thankyou Gadget...
My Prisks and Rowes are very hard to try and work out...I am at a point after six years of searching thinking this is one for the too hard basket..

Your help was much appreciated..
Moreton from Abingdon..Morton from Westham.Davies from Cornwall and Westham..McClelland from Ireland and Woolwich,Ackley from All Saints Leicestershire..Whitehead from Scotland,Ireland and Woolwich..Plant from Woolwich, Litchfield Staffordshire, the Cape Of Good Hope and Ireland..Prisk from St Hilary Cornwall. Rowe from Marazion and Cornwall..Sturgeon from Stanton Suffolk,Levitt from Fleet Lincolnshire and Islington.

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 June 10 09:45 BST (UK) »
At interesting family on the 1841:

The Cliff, St Hilary, Marazion
HO107/144/2/31/25

Rowe
Alexander, 70, shipwright
Jenefer, 65
Benjamin, 25, shoemaker
Elizabeth, 20
John Norris, 25 Shoemaker
Thomas Michell, 7

all b. Cornwall

I'm not sure if Jane is ever  used instead of Jennifer/Guinivere - not the case in my wider family but it might be.

Do you have any info on Alexander at all?

Gadget

Offline Boleyn Lady

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 27 June 10 10:50 BST (UK) »
Gadget, I did not know about Alexander until a few days ago. My Gt GT GRandmother was Elizabeth Jane Rowe and in 1834 married William Prisk..Alexander's name came to me through another person who is also searching for information on the same family..The information was from the On Line Parish Clerk.. For a number of years I thought but could not be sure that my Gt Gt Grandmother was the daughter of Perran Rowe but this is not the case..I can offer no further information...

Thanks You Once Again

Offline osprey

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 27 June 10 20:39 BST (UK) »
Jane & Jenefer do appear as alternatives in Cornwall, probably not in the rest of the UK though.....

;)
Cornwall: Allen, Bevan, Bosisto, Carnpezzack, Donithorn, Huddy, James, Retallack, Russell, Vincent, Yeoman
Cards: Thomas (Llanbadarn Fawr)
Glam: Bowler, Cram, Galloway, James, Thomas, Watkins
Lincs: Coupland, Cram
Mon: Cram, Gwyn, John, Philpot, Smart, Watkins
Pembs: Edwards (St. Dogmael's)
Yorks: Airey, Bowler, Elliott, Hare, Hewitt, Kellett, Kemp, Stephenson, Tebb