Author Topic: Ernest Pennington  (Read 1313 times)

Offline dan1611

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Ernest Pennington
« on: Monday 12 July 10 16:15 BST (UK) »
HI
  I just thought I'd post this to see if I can contact anyone related to an Ernest John Pennington for the Bristol area. Ernest was born c 1888 son of Augustine Pennington and Catherine Collins. Lots of brothers and sisters e.g Clifford, Augustine, Herbert, one sister Edith. Well anyone related might like to see some photos which I have of Ernest in the Gloucester Regiment around and before the time of the First World War. If this rings any bells let me know. I am more than happy to share them.

Offline meagain333

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest Pennington
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 22 February 20 15:35 GMT (UK) »
Hello Dan,
can you firstly tell me if you are related to the Penningtons of bristol please ?
My husband Michael Sparkes and his sisters have Augustine Pennington and his wife as their ancestor through their mother Mary Pennington who married Arthur Edward Sparkes of Cardiff.Marys sister was Eileen Pennington and their brothers were clifford and tom pennington.There were two half brothers called john and anthony pennington.[tony]
Their father was John Pennington married to Mary Williams.Mary died of the flu epidemic in 1918 and John then remarried to cissie.All Johns brothers were military police in the Gloucester regiment.[bristol]I would be most grateful if you could let us see the photos you have of all the brothers.I have so much stuff on the family and can share with you if you would like.  Thankyou.Rosalind Sparkes.

Offline Ladyhawk

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Ernest Pennington
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 22 February 20 17:21 GMT (UK) »
Hello meagain333 welcome to Rootschat  :)

Just to let you know dan1611 has not been on Rootschat since 2013 - if their email is still active they should receive notification of these posts
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk