Author Topic: Online Parish Clerks - OPC  (Read 62159 times)

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
Re: Online Parish Clerks - OPC
« Reply #36 on: Monday 18 January 10 17:09 GMT (UK) »
Well done, Batty B. Referring to reply No.34 above it wouldn't be for Lincolnshire by any chance would it?
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)

Offline BattyB

• RootsChat Member
  • mum and me
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Thursday 11 February 10 17:30 GMT (UK) »
Sorry, haven't been on line for a while so didn't manage to get back to you.
I am actually signed on to do Buckland St Mary Somerset but I have now got census details of 1861 to transcribe which covers quite a few other villages too. I've only just started but am available for lookups in that area should anyone want it.

Sandra
Doble.  North. Garrish. Jewell. Gillard.
Vincent.  Spiller. Collings. Board.   
Harris. Manfield. Manning. Salter. Eveleigh.
Strawbridge. Matthews. Sweetland.
Devon. NZ. Australia.

Offline netgrrl79

• RootsChat Senior
  • RIP Horace Chambers ~ 14.12.1916-12.06.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Thursday 11 February 10 23:43 GMT (UK) »
I'm starting an OPC site for Nottinghamshire... still putting my info on at the moment but if anyone has any other Notts data they would like to share, please PM me or comment on this thread :)

Katie
WRY - Chambers, Burgin, Green, Bradley, Jefferson, Bates, Widdowson, Vickers; DUR - Brennan; LKS - Conway, McGunnigal; KEN - Harrison; GLA - Thomas, Jones; STI - Conway; SSX - Coleman, Freeman, Jefferson; NTT - Jefferson, Chambers; DBY - Chambers, Smith; NBL - Harrison; TIP - Conway

Offline OWS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Sunday 14 February 10 13:04 GMT (UK) »
Hi Katie,

I am the OPC for a couple of parishes in Cornwall and also three parishes in Leicestershire.  Some of my family were from Notts so would be interested in your plans for an OPC site for that county and could possibly take on a few parishes.  What do you have in mind? 

Gill

Offline netgrrl79

• RootsChat Senior
  • RIP Horace Chambers ~ 14.12.1916-12.06.2010
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Sunday 14 February 10 14:04 GMT (UK) »
Still in very early stages at mo, just putting my lot into a site for the moment to get a feel for how it might look - although my father grew up in Barnsley, and my mother in Purley/Yeovil, some of both my grandfather's ancestors may have crossed paths in Worksop in the mid 1800s. No intermarriages that I've found so far ;-)

What I'd like to do, Gill, as you have a little more experience in these matters, would be to get all of my lot onto the site first before it goes public and get your feedback on it... will pm you with the address asap, though you need I think to make another two posts to reply to personal messages yourself.

Katie
WRY - Chambers, Burgin, Green, Bradley, Jefferson, Bates, Widdowson, Vickers; DUR - Brennan; LKS - Conway, McGunnigal; KEN - Harrison; GLA - Thomas, Jones; STI - Conway; SSX - Coleman, Freeman, Jefferson; NTT - Jefferson, Chambers; DBY - Chambers, Smith; NBL - Harrison; TIP - Conway

Offline OWS

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Sunday 14 February 10 22:10 GMT (UK) »
I'm in the process of updating the website for one of my Cornish parishes which hopefully will go online shortly. 

You might find looking at one of the existing OPC websites useful for ideas - I've used both the Cornish and Lancastrian ones which are quite different in character.  A lot of the Cornish OPCs have their own websites with transcriptions and other info - it's interesting to see how many ways the same type of info can be presented!

I look forward to seeing your site when it's ready. 

Gill

Offline lynnv

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 15:48 GMT (UK) »
Agree to all said about OPC's. They are wonderful

Offline busylizzie123

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 16:21 GMT (UK) »
I use the Lancashire OPC nearly everyday, it has helped my research and saved me money on perhaps ordering the wrong certificates :)

I have found births and marriages I didn't know existed as never showed up on the census for one reason or another, usually they had been born and died within the 10years :(

Also marriages which I could then investigate further before ordering the cert :)

AMAZING SITE a big thank you to everyone who participated!!! and I beleive are still transcriping......
Ledson...Melling,Lancashire Rimmer Lancs
Jarvis..Aughton. Liverpool. Maghull Lancashire
Pye. Liverpool..Ashcroft Liverpool area
Heyes Bickerstaffe..Potter ..Lancs..Fletcher..Lancs
Hesketh Bickerstaffe..Aspinall Lancs
Hardman Lancs
O'Donnell Liverpool Ireland

Offline Redroger

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Dad and Fireman at Kings Cross 13.7.1951
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday 16 February 11 17:16 GMT (UK) »
We still need an OPC for Lincolnshire. I have a few of the parishes, wish I had downloaded them all when I had the chance. Wonder if it is possible to put them together and remake the set?
Ayres Brignell Cornwell Harvey Shipp  Stimpson Stubbings (all Cambs) Baumber Baxter Burton Ethards Proctor Stanton (all Lincs) Luffman (all counties)