Author Topic: Beresford  (Read 1811 times)

Offline Sue 52

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Beresford
« on: Thursday 05 August 10 11:55 BST (UK) »
Just wanted to say hello.  I've probably posted in the wrong area, I'm hopeless with forums! 
I'm Sue, from West Yorkshire originally, Mum Yorkshire, Dad a Lancashireman ;D   I'm researching both sides of my family and my husband's.  Bitten off more than I can chew really.       
My Dad's maternal  Family were The Beresfords.  They originated I think in Derbyshire.  I'm a member of The Beresford Society.   8)     Mum's family were Brears and Yates from Lincolnshire and Ellis from Bramley in Leeds Yorkshire.
I'm also trying to trace my husband's family, Moons from Kent and we have an unexplaied mystery in Grandad on father's side who was apparently adopted into the family from a 'music hall' family named Upright.  We know nothing at all about this.     
My daughter in law's family, mum's side were Irish, came over here in the 1940's and her Dads family were Romany or travellers so I'm not getting very far!!

Sorry that was very long and boring and didn't make much sense, thanks for reading if you got to the end. 

Sue
Beresford  Derbys N Yorks
Ellis            Bramley Leeds
Moon         Kent
Brinkley     Travellers Essex, Herts Middx
Staines     Hatfield Broad Oak Essex
Ive            Suffolk?
Upright     Devon & Middlesex

Offline craizi daizi

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 05 August 10 12:05 BST (UK) »

Hi Sue

Welcome,  you have found the best gene site on the web,  you will find all the help you need,  just ask,  ...and we all bite off more than we can chew,  LOL

Good Luck 

Daizi
Flisher : UK and Sth Africa and Australia<br />Munro  : Scotland,  Inverness, Ross and Cromarty and Australia<br />Prust   : Bristol, UK, and Australia<br />Woodburgess/Wood/Burgess/Wood-Burgess,  Adcock/Brudenall in Lincolnshire UK and Australia<br />Taylor :Yorkshire,  Nottinghamshire and Australia<br />Mathers  : Montrose , Scotland and Australia<br />Johnson  :  ?? and Australia
Dixon Australia and Cumberland

Offline Sue 52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 05 August 10 12:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Daizi,

Thank you.  I am a member of 'another site' but keep coming across Roots.  It'll take me ages now to have a good look through this one!   I'm easily confused! lol

Sue
Moon         Kent
Ive            Suffolk?

Offline LoneyBones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wot, me worry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 05 August 10 12:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Sue, welcome to RC.  :D
As Daizi says, this is the best site for family history. Lot's of friendly, happy, helpful people.
And when you get tired of looking for dead people, which we all do sometimes, we have the ToTs.  :D  Strictly for letting your hair down and talking about something else.

Leonie.
 :D
Direct matriarchal line; ENNIS-Yeatman-Cooper-Papps-Ryland-Lechford/Luxford-Bagshaw-Henriett
ENNIS-Thomas-Bonnin-Aldridge-Williams-Harding-Brown.
ENNIS-Davis/Davies-Buck-Oakley-
JONES-Roberts-Handy-Ross-Warrillow-Eagles-Cotterill-Bailey.
JONES-Walton-Grayson-Stobbs-Baldwin-Ibbotson-Scott.
JONES-Goodwin-Parker-Instant-Hubbard-Hancock-Skinner.

STILL LOOKING FOR: Elizabeth Ann Balfour ENNIS nee DAVIS. Disappeared in Adelaide, South Australia. 1881.

Offline Sue 52

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 05 August 10 12:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Leonie and thanks.  ToTs????   :-[   I shall have a look to see what that is lol.   Looking for dead people is rather addictive isn't it?!    I can certainly talk!!!   ;D

Sue
Moon         Kent
Ive            Suffolk?

Offline LoneyBones

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Wot, me worry?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 05 August 10 12:32 BST (UK) »
ToT = Totally of Topic. Via the Common Room.

Leonie.
Direct matriarchal line; ENNIS-Yeatman-Cooper-Papps-Ryland-Lechford/Luxford-Bagshaw-Henriett
ENNIS-Thomas-Bonnin-Aldridge-Williams-Harding-Brown.
ENNIS-Davis/Davies-Buck-Oakley-
JONES-Roberts-Handy-Ross-Warrillow-Eagles-Cotterill-Bailey.
JONES-Walton-Grayson-Stobbs-Baldwin-Ibbotson-Scott.
JONES-Goodwin-Parker-Instant-Hubbard-Hancock-Skinner.

STILL LOOKING FOR: Elizabeth Ann Balfour ENNIS nee DAVIS. Disappeared in Adelaide, South Australia. 1881.

Offline No9267

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 04 January 14 14:23 GMT (UK) »
Hi Sue

I am researching my partners family tree.

She is a Beresford, living down south. I have traced her family back to 1750 and a George Beresford living in Bakewell, Derbyshire.

Whilst hunting all this information down I have become aware of just how big the Beresford family is, spread wide and far across Derbyshire, Lancashire and Yorkshire.

I am still seeking more information and if any of my info is applicable to you then I will be more than happy to help you

Best regards

Richie