Author Topic: my family  (Read 8133 times)

Offline katyboo

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
my family
« on: Sunday 01 August 10 01:53 BST (UK) »
 hello to everybody at rootschat.com and my fellow members in sligo i am new to the ite and wondered if there was anybody who could help me i am looking for any information on my grand parents who came from mailcoach road my grandmother was mary ellen mccarthy born around 1886 and lived in ramseys row my grandfather was andrew kerins from mailcoach road i believe he was once in the connaught rangers
kerins mccarthy sligo town mailcoach road ramseys row jinks aveune

Offline Mr J T Arthur

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: my amily
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 01 August 10 09:38 BST (UK) »
The old Mail Coach Road stretched from Sligo Town to Dublin and the last of it was only destroyed a few years ago, therefore it passed through many small towns and townlands in a south easterly direction before entering Roscommon on the way to Boyle so you need to give the location.

Good luck,

J.T.A.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: my family
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 01 August 10 09:44 BST (UK) »
Welcome to Rootschat. The 1901 (and 1911) census are online (free) and that might be the place to find the townland where your grandparents lived in Sligo.

Here they are in 1911 living at Mail Coach Road (no house number)- they were married 3 years and had lost 2 children.
http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Sligo/Sligo_West_Urban/Mail_Coach_Road/770609/
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Tu2Tu

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 01 August 10 22:38 BST (UK) »
Hi Katyboo,

Welcome to roots chat  ;D

I have Kearns in my ancestry a little earlier than your dates, and further down the hill from Mail Coach Road less than a quarter of a mile.

Patrick Kearns & Winifred Mulrooney.  They are not direct ancestors, but 'connected' in my tree.   They are also listed as sponsors at some family christenings at the time.

Tu

Scotland:  Browne, Glancey, McGuire, Mitchell
Ireland:    Bruen, Bushell, Cunnane, Devaney, Ffrench, Gallacher, Glancey, Hart,
                 Hughes, Kilgallon, Mahon, Meechan, Moore, Moran, McGowan,
                 Reddy, O'Conor, O'Hara, Crean-Lynch, Plunkett
England:   Browne, Devaney, Glancey, Crean-Lynch, Kilgallon
USA:         Devaney, McGowan, Bruen, Kilgallon, Hart
Australia:  O'Hara, Browne

Offline katyboo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 02 August 10 00:25 BST (UK) »
 :) thanks for that info although i have it written as kerins im searching for the pronounciation is kearns

Offline katyboo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
my family
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 00:25 BST (UK) »
many thanks to all those who veiwed my post regarding the search for any info on my family the mccarthys of old ramseys row and the kerins of mailcoach road slogo town i am still looking out for any information regards my grandmother mary ellen kerins nee mccarthy and andrew kerins i am doing this research to help my dad who is now 87 and had never seen his mother as she died when hewas very young i believe the children that my grandparents had were cis (christine} kerins who was raised by the mccarthy family then 2 children who die andrew kerins emily kerins james kerins john jo kerins mary kerins and my dad peter kerins  my father peter johnjo mary and emily all came to england still looking for any information on my grandma mary ellen mccarthy born approx 1886 sligo and died at approx 40 years of age in 1927

Offline Tu2Tu

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 08:35 BST (UK) »
Katyboo, they were in Sligo in 1911 where did they go after that do you know?
Ireland:    Bruen, Bushell, Cunnane, Devaney, Ffrench, Gallacher, Glancey, Hart,

Offline katyboo

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 15:28 BST (UK) »
 :) GOOD AFTERNOON TU2TU AND ALL ON THE FORUM THANKS FOR POSTS AND HELP ON MY RESEARCHING I BELIEVE THE ELDER CHILD OF MY GRANDPARENTS CIS STAYED IN SLIGO SHE WAS TO BECOME A NUN WITH THE LEGION OF MARY SHE DIED IN 1927 APPROX ANDREW MU UNCLE STAYED IN SLIGP MY UNCLE JAMES JOINED THE ARMY MY AUNT EMILY MARRIED AND CAME TO ROCHDALE MY UNCLE JOHN JO AUNTIE MARY AND MY DAD CAME TO BIRMINGHAM DAD IS THE LAST OF THIS FAMILY I WOULD DEARLY LOVE TO KNOW WHERE MY GRANDPARENTS AND AUNT CIS ARE BURIED IN SLIGO I BELIEVE ITS SLIGO OLD CEMETARY AND WOULD LIKE TO FIND OUT MORE

Offline Tu2Tu

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday 03 August 10 21:12 BST (UK) »
Did you have a look on pilotfamilysearch to see if there is a death record for any of the family.  The old sligo cemetery is not too far from me and I could go have a look if I had approximate dates.

Tu