Author Topic: Casey Ancestory  (Read 2491 times)

Offline stockton

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Casey Ancestory
« on: Tuesday 10 August 10 11:20 BST (UK) »
Hi, my g g g grandad is Bernard Casey born 1800.
Bernards parents are Michael Casey & Bridget { Comiskey } Casey.
Bernard Casey married Elizabeth McDade 1824 Ireland
they had 10 children all born in Co Monaghan.
At some time Bernard & family came to Scotland and settled in and around Glasgow.
From the 10 children came my g g grandad James Casey.
James Casey married Mary Ann O'Brien 28th Feb 1852 Blackfriars, Glasgow.
James and Mary Ann travelled between Scotland and England, they had a child born in Leeds Yorkshire, he was my g grandad Francis Casey.
James & Mary Ann eventualy came and settled in the town i was born in Stockton on Tees,
James had found work in the Steel mill, they lived on the river side wher ship building, ironfoundries and steel mill were the big employers, James Casey died 1895 the same year my grandad Robert Casey was born, my grandad was a heater lad on ship building worked with the riveters, he joined the Kings Own Scotish Borderes 1912, sent into France to join the 2nd battalion but ended back at Berwick upon Tweed depot hospital, then sent with the 1st battlaion to Gallipoli, then back into France for the Somme offensive were he fell very badly wounded bullet and shrapnel wounds to left leg, these wounds would lead to his early death in 1939, never got to see my grandad Robert, no photos exist that i know of, to this day still lots of Caseys in Stockton on Tees, would love to know about any Caseys that never left Ireland and where they lived, please get intouch if you can help, all the best Derek Casey
Casey,Comaskey,McDade,O'Brien,Dinely, Farrell,
McKay, Sharkey, Phillips, Marren.