Author Topic: MUSSELWHITE - Wlton, Wiltshire  (Read 1831 times)

Offline carolmking

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
MUSSELWHITE - Wlton, Wiltshire
« on: Tuesday 10 August 10 20:19 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find any information on MARY MUSSELWHITE b. 1793 in Wilton, Wiltshire daughter of JOHN MUSSELWHITE.

Would like to know further details on Mary and her father/Mother and other family members.

MARY MUSSELWHITE  married WILLIAM CURTIS at St. Mary's, Lambeth, Middlesex in 1824 and they had a daughter & 2 sons;

SELINA SARAH b.20th Nov 1826 Norwood, Surrey,

JOHN CURTIS b. 9th Jan 1829 in Norwood, Surrey,

PHILIP WILLIAM CURTIS b. 8th Jan 1831 Norwood, Surrey

All the children were baptized at ALL SAINTS, Croydon, Surrey

After the 1851 Census, I know William and Philip went to Madras, India.  Am not sure what happend to MARY, SELINA & JOHN. 

If anyone has any information could you please let me know.

Regards,
Caroline  :)
Curtis; Norwood,Croydon & Wilton, Wlts
Musselwhite/Mussellwhite; Wilton, Wilts & Norwood Croydon

Offline inga59pink

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: MUSSELWHITE - Wlton, Wiltshire
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 21 August 21 17:56 BST (UK) »
Hello Caroline
I may be able to help, my name is Ingrid Grant and Mary Musselwhite was my 3rd great grandmother(by marriage) on my father's side. As you say they lived in Norwood, Surrey and she married William Curtis and had a son Philip William Curtis who was my 2nd great grandfather. I was not aware that she had 2 daughters as well. Her father was John Musselwhite and mother Sarah Bailey so I am wondering if you got these mixed up?
I am not sure but I believe she died on 12 June 1880 in Surrey but her husband William died in Madras, India in 1859. Philip William Curtis, their son and my 2nd great grandfather was born in Norwood but moved to Madras at some stage. He married Mary Ann Williams and had a daughter Grace Evelyn Curtis, my great grandmother who was also born in Madras. She married James Albert Grant and they had 2 sons, Dunstan and Russell Grant. 
Dunstan was my grandfather having married Dorothea Mable Nelson. They had my father Colin Grant and also another son Keith (my uncle).
We moved back to England when I was 4 and my brother was 1 and was brought up in Croydon, Surrey which is not very far from Norwood, Surrey.
Hope that I have not confused you too much but hope that helps a little. Regards Ingrid