Author Topic: Bach/Bache Old Swinford  (Read 2254 times)

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Bach/Bache Old Swinford
« on: Friday 13 August 10 14:30 BST (UK) »
One branch of my tree are the Bachs from Old Swinford (Spelt Bach, Bache, Beach, Beech)

The furthest back I have got is the marriage in 1611 of William Bach to Elizabeth Hill. They had a son John born 1622 who in turn had a son William born 1642. This William produced a son William in 1665 who married a Rebeccah Green. William and Rebeccah had a son William in 1695 who married a Katherine Hemming and their son Benjamin married Ann Haycock. Hope you're still with me so far.

What I would like to find is the marriage of John born 1622 and of William born 1642 and birth/baptism details for Rebeccah Green, Katherine Hemming and Ann Haycock

I know it's asking a lot but any info would be very gratefully received.
Thanks in advance,
Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Bach/Bache Old Swinford
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 15 August 10 14:57 BST (UK) »
Just wondered if your Rebecca Green, Kathleen Hemming and Ann Haycock may have been widows on their Marriage?

The IGI has baptisms at Old Swinford for Rebecca Green 4.4.1659 and Hannah Haycocke 10.5.1720 which may be the ones you are searching for?

There are some burials recorded in the OS Transcripts for a Wm Bache 11.3.1697 and 9.11.1706.  Also a Burial for Benjamin 27.6.1716.  I think you need to be careful that one of these is not one of the Bache's who you have as Married in your tree.  HTH from Linell.
Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 15 August 10 15:33 BST (UK) »
Many thanks for your reply. I don't know how I managed to miss the entries on the IGI unless they are relatively new ones. As to the burials, I have the Benjamin, married to Ann Haycock born in 1723 so he can't be the one buried 1716. I have Williams born 1642, 1665 and 1695 so any could fit the burials you mention. Pardon my ignorance but what are OS Transcripts and can they be accessed on line?
Emeltom
Smith Tiplady Boulton Branthwaite King Miller Woolfall Bretherton Archer and many more

Offline linell

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 15 August 10 17:31 BST (UK) »
Old Swinford Parish Transcripts can be purchased from BMSGH they have an on line shop.  There are quite a few Bache's listed in the Settlement and Removal Orders, Apprenticeship Indentures, Bastady Examinations, etc etc.  A Wm Bach is a Parish Overseer in 1773, I wonder if he connects to you?  HTH from Linell.
Black Country Stringer, Sidaway, Mansell, Haynes, Westwood, Yardley, Reading, Worton, Willetts.

Online emeltom

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 15 August 10 18:16 BST (UK) »
Hi Linell,
Thanks for the explanation re OS Transcripts. I must be having a dim day, didn't link OS and Old Swinford. I'll have a look at the and think hard about buying the transcripts.
Thanks again,
Emeltom

Offline cookie49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 12 March 20 01:00 GMT (UK) »
If you are related to the Bache family of Old Swinford, then we are cousins....although probably quite distant.

William and Elizabeth Bache are my 11the great grandparents.   The Baches married into the Gaudens who married into the Crow family.    My grandmother was Doris Crow of Redditch; granddaughter of Edgar Crow of Alcester.

I live in Florida but will be in Old Swinford in September...assuming the virus doesn't get us all.

Ann-Marie Rebecca Smith, aka, Becky

Offline cookie49

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Sunday 31 July 22 20:18 BST (UK) »
I am also a descendant of the Bache family of Old Swinford.   The most interesting to me is the William Bache, whose son married Elizabeth Hill, married to Thomasine Chapman.

Thomasine's brother was George Chapman, the famous poet and dramatist and friend of Shakespeare and Johnson.    Their parents were Thomas Chapman and Joan Nodes.  Joans father was Sir George Nodes of Stevenage, UK

I will be in Old Swinford in September and am anxious to see what is left.

A. Rebecca Smith    My Ancestry tree is public   Smith McCave