Author Topic: romanis family  (Read 2444 times)

Offline luckydog

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
romanis family
« on: Friday 13 August 10 15:33 BST (UK) »
anybody researching Romanis family from Roxburghshire and Berwickshire. I have found a connection in my own family and am keen to found out more about this family.
Mike

Offline hdw

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: romanis family
« Reply #1 on: Friday 13 August 10 19:25 BST (UK) »
Romanis & Paterson is the oldest shop in Princes Street, Edinburgh, where they have been trading since 1808. I don't know where the original Mr. Romanis came from, but an awful lot of Borderers have moved to Edinburgh over the years, including many of my own relatives.

(Sorry, the photo of the shop from their website hasn't materialised!).

Harry

The magnificent shop front of Romanes & Paterson Edinburgh

Romanes & Paterson

62 Princes Street,
Edinburgh EH2 2DH

Tel: +44(0) 131 225 4966

Shop Hours: 9 a.m. - 8p.m. Mon. - Sun.
Late Opening: June to Aug.

This is the premier shopping destination in Edinburgh's world famous Princes Street for shopping for your kilts, tartan items, exceptional value scarves and the largest selection of shortbread in Edinburgh. Romanes & Paterson are a household name in Edinburgh as they have been trading on Princes Street since 1808. This is an Aladdin's cave of all things Scottish!

Offline epfedin

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 17 August 10 18:51 BST (UK) »
Mike

have a look at the surnames interests on the Borders Family History website - there are a few people researching Romanis / Romanes

elma

Offline Romanis

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 13 November 21 23:17 GMT (UK) »
as you all must know by the searches Romanis / Romanes/ Romaines are the same line. Isabela Romanis
B:abt 1861 Gateshead Durham England. after my gran. we lost our family name. she was unmarried with one son William Tait Romaines who took on the name king. Romaines become a middle name.  Romanis-king
Surname King.. should be Romanis hails for scotland traced back to Robert Romanes B:Abt. 1650 Scotland