Author Topic: 1861 Cheshire look up please - Upton family  (Read 793 times)

Offline jackie walker

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
1861 Cheshire look up please - Upton family
« on: Sunday 03 April 05 11:10 BST (UK) »
Could any check the 1861 census for James Upton his wife Eliza and son William living in Bredbury,  Eliza was  born in Ireland.

Thank you

Jackie

Offline peterbennett

• Deceased † Rest In Peace
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Samuel if ever an Ag Lab looked like one it was he
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Cheshire look up please - Upton family
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 April 05 14:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Jackie
              Have you got the address of Bredbury from somewhere? they were in St Mary Stockport in 71. Difficult to search the 1861 without an address.

peterbennett

All census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright<br />www.NationalArchives.gov.uk <br />Cheshire BMD  www.cheshirebmd.org.uk/ <br />Cheshire Wills database http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/recordoffice/wills/Search.htm<br />Cheshire family history society  www.fhsc.org.uk/<br />Cheshire Records Office http://www.cheshire.gov.uk/Recordoffice/aboutus/recoffcontact.tm<br /><br />--------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Bennett/,Whaley,Chesh/Lancs, Brindley Staffs

Offline jackie walker

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1861 Cheshire look up please - Upton family
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 April 05 14:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter

No I have no address although in 1851 James was living with his parent at Bents Lane Bredbury, I am tryng to help a lady from America who is coming over in May so trying to find the Stockport part of her family for her she really wants to find out about  her g g grandfather William Upton born c 1855 I have found one born Stockport 1 but have not as yet managed to find baptisms at Stockport library for him, problem being his mother Eliza came over from Ireland was then married to John Spelman and Jan thinks William would have been Spelman but I can't find one.  Eliza Spelman married James Upton at Cheadle St Marys.

Thank you

Jackie