Author Topic: Bray records  (Read 3508 times)

Offline 3dachsies

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Vivyan family
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 01 September 10 19:23 BST (UK) »
I am looking for family who lived in Bray in 1906 and then moved to Swindon.   The Surname is Vivyan and they were my great grandparents.  They were living at Bray Court, in the gate lodge in the 1911 census.  Dorothy - a daughter was born in Fulham and her sister and brother may have been born in Bray or in that area.

Offline dawnsh

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Bray records
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 02 September 10 09:34 BST (UK) »
I've found a marriage as well, to Theodore H Bizley in 1925, in Swindon. I've found some other references on Ancestry, on the 1916 to 2005 databases - are we allowed to post them on the public board, anyone?

The General Register Office (GRO) indices are available on many subscription sites and for free on freebmd (fairly complete upto the 1920's)

You can post the information but you must transcribe what you see on the actual index image, not do a copy and paste from the search results.

Hope this helps.

Dawn
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Sherry-Paddington & Marylebone,
Longhurst-Ealing & Capel, Abinger, Ewhurst & Ockley,
Chandler-Chelsea

Offline behindthefrogs

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • EDLIN
    • View Profile
Re: Bray records
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 02 September 10 09:45 BST (UK) »
FreeBMD shows that there were only a dozen Vivyan births between 1911 and 1930.  None of these were in Bray and there were only four different sets of parents.

If you know the mothers surname then it should be simple to identify which are yours.

David
Living in Berkshire from Northampton & Milton Keynes
DETAILS OF MY NAMES ARE IN SURNAME INTERESTS, LINK AT FOOT OF PAGE
Wilson, Higgs, Buswell, PARCELL, Matthews, TAMKIN, Seckington, Pates, Coupland, Webb, Arthur, MAYNARD, Caves, Norman, Winch, Culverhouse, Drakeley.
Johnson, Routledge, SHIRT, SAICH, Mills, SAUNDERS, EDLIN, Perry, Vickers, Pakeman, Griffiths, Marston, Turner, Child, Sheen, Gray, Woolhouse, Stevens, Batchelor
Census Info is Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk