Author Topic: Watermen/lightermen Richmond Surrey  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Kimmie10

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Watermen/lightermen Richmond Surrey
« on: Saturday 04 September 10 19:42 BST (UK) »
I think my family name Thompson goes right back to 1795 where my GGG grandfather was a waterman in Richmond Surrey, it is thought that all the Thompson men were apprentises over a period of 150 years.  Somewhere down the line my mother was told we owned the boat yard by Richmond Bridge, can anyone help me trace my family line at the Thames?? They lived in Water Lane and White Cross. My GG grandfather was called Frank Thompson and my G Grandfather was Walter George Thompson if that helps
Thank you so much for reading this xxx
Kim

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
Re: Watermen/lightermen Richmond Surrey
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 04 September 10 19:51 BST (UK) »
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline gortonboy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Gorton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 04 September 10 19:51 BST (UK) »
hi,,do you have years of birth ?  ;)  who did they marry?  tell us a what you know already in as much detail as you can,, ;)
MCHUGH {mayo/manchester}   OHora,MCHALE{mayo/manchester /chicago}  KENNY{Manchester}   TIMPERLEY{wilmslow-bollin fee,Manchester} SMITH{manchester}  LEE{Colne,manchester,Cheshire} VENABLES {Styal.Cheshire} PAYTON {Staffs/Manchester}McCARTHY{TIPPERARY/MANCHESTER}  EAMES/AMS/HEAMES/HAMES/AYMES {Wilmslow/Manchester} Eames/Aymes  {Ireland/Manchester/Cheshire
Census information is Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline belltech

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 November 10 21:53 GMT (UK) »
Kimmie,

My family were also Richmond Watermen and lived in Water Lane the same time as your family.  They must have known each other.  It would be nice to chat and se if we can share any information.

I have visited 4 Water Lane and been in the house that my Ancester William Bell lived in 1830.

Malcolm