Author Topic: Fleming  (Read 8105 times)

Offline sarabeth

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Fleming
« on: Thursday 09 September 10 22:48 BST (UK) »
I am seeking information regarding Patrick Fleming born around 1832 in County Roscommon .  Patrick's parents were Patrick Fleming and Ann King.  Patrick married  Ann Sweeney.  I don't know if she was born in Roscommon.  Patrick and Ann Fleming lived in in Wolverhampton, England where their first son was born in 1867.  Shortly there after, they moved to Brookline, Massachusetts, USA where they lived out their lives.  Brookline is a suburb of Boston. 
 Ann Sweeney Fleming was the daughter of Anthony Sweeney.
Anyone out there with any Fleming information.....

Thanks!!

Sara C.

Offline darray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Fleming
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 05 December 10 21:19 GMT (UK) »
my great grandfather was John fleming born 1867 in Wolverhampton. According to the cencus records the only John Fleming born in wolverhampton in that year was to Patrick Fleming and Ann Fleming(Sweeney). Do you know what happened to John? Did he go with his parents to America or did he return to England.

Any info gladly received

Darrell

Offline saradelgany

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 02 January 11 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner...my computer crashed and I just got a new one...I also have a new user name...sarabeth to saradelgany...

Anyway,
   I will have to check my records to see what happened to him...I did find the grave of Patick Fleming and Ann (Sweeney).  They are buried in Holyhood Cemetery in Brookline, Massachusetts...The grave is in the same cemetery as President Kennedy's family(Rose and Joe Kennedy(parents) among others...

Let me look for him and I will post what I find...

Sara

Offline saradelgany

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 02 January 11 16:23 GMT (UK) »
I have their son John F. Fleming in the 1900 US Census living in Brookline, Massachusetts with his parents.  He was single at age 31....His birthplace was listed as England...Do you knowwhen  your great grandfather married??  It is possible that he went back to England...Are you in England???
Sara

Offline darray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 03 January 11 16:22 GMT (UK) »
My John Fleming was married in Birmingham UK im 1891 so i now can rule out John F Fleming being my Great Grandfather.
After my first message i did some more research and found that John F Fleming became a successful businessman  and it appears he to lived out his life in the States.

To answer your question i live in Solihull England which is near Birmingham.

I have a copy of John F Flemings birth certificate which i would be glad to forward onto you. It states that Patrick was a Masons Labourer and that John F was born on 13th August 1867 in Moore Street Wolverhampton.

The 1861 Cencus does show a Patrick Fleming living in Birmingham aged 19 with a father (John) mother (Mary). All are listed as being born in Ireland and Patrick lists his occupation as Stone Picker which is all but a Masons labourer.
Not sure they are the same person but I also found an Ann Sweeney living not many streets away aged 20. However these names are pretty common and tis Ann Sweeney is listed as being born in Sedgley Staffordshire England (not Ireland). Her parents however are listed as being Irish.

Hope this is of some interest.

Offline saradelgany

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 11:44 GMT (UK) »
Hi Darrell...
  I would love a copy of the birth certificate!!  You can attach a copy here or send me a message and I will give you me email address....They are definitely 2 different people but may be cousins...You never know....
Thanks!!

Sara

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 11:47 GMT (UK) »
You may only post a small portion of a certificate for deciphering purposes so please do not post the certificate here.

New members usually need 2/3 posts to use PM system.
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline darray

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday 04 January 11 19:47 GMT (UK) »
Sara

Just let me have an email address i will then scan and send over.

Darrell

Offline dbetty1309

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Sunday 01 January 12 14:58 GMT (UK) »
I recently discovered a coin that commemorates the Golden Jubilee of Lights in 1929.

On one side it has Thomas A. Edison (easy) on the other it says.

Another Good Electrician Fleming, Brookline.

I suspect it refers to John F. Fleming of Brookline born in Wolverhampton, Staffordshire. England.

I can't be sure until I find the connection with Edison.... Thought you might know of one?

Dan