Author Topic: Jeanette McCurdy  (Read 1935 times)

Offline bcd

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Jeanette McCurdy
« on: Monday 20 September 10 15:07 BST (UK) »
Hi

I am looking for info on a Jeanette McCurdy who was born in Canda so I believe - she married a Hamill in Ireland and had two daughters - (*), who were born around the 1950s.

I have no idea where in Canada she may have come from and I am not sure where to look!

Please could somebody help!

(*) Moderator Comment:
Edited in accordance with RootsChat policy of not publishing details of living people here, or details of people who may still be living. This is to protect all concerned from spam, identity abuse, internet abuse, etc, etc.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.
Davies, Gittins, Penygelli, Kerry, Shelve

Offline bcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Jeanette McCurdy
« Reply #1 on: Monday 20 September 10 16:22 BST (UK) »
Hi Mod,

Noted your comments, but both of the people listed are no longer with us. Thanks for keeping me on my toes tho!

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 20 September 10 16:53 BST (UK) »
The marriage certificate to Hamill (do you know his first name?) would be the first thing to look for.
http://pilot.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html shows the birth of one of the children in 1955 (check Irish civil registration indexes).

Can't see a marriage for her under McCurdy.

You might be able to track her husband going to Canada (for work?) or her coming to the UK.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline LesleyG

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 21 September 10 02:42 BST (UK) »
Not sure if this is yours, and probably doesn't help much, but, a Jeanette Hamill travelled from Canada (Quebec) to England (London) aboard the Ivernia in May 1959.  She was travelling with a daughter.  Country of last permanent residence was Canada and intended residence was England.

There is also an entry for an Edward Hamill travelling from Canada (Quebec) to England (Southampton) aboard the Homeric in October 1959.  Same residence info.

Apparently, they had all been in Canada for more than a year.

I will PM you with the full details, dates etc.

Lesley

Offline bcd

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 21 September 10 13:55 BST (UK) »
Hi All

Thanks for looking - I have just found another daughter for her in Ireland born in County Antrim in 1938 so she must have arrived by then. the chap she amrried was Irish so I assume she may have married him in canada and travelled back to Ireland to live - i asume this is by boat, but would she have sailed straight to Ireland or England first then to Ireland - cna't seem to locate her on a passenger list!