Author Topic: Completed.Vaughan (Dr?)Griffith & Mrs Sarah Jane Vaughan Griffiths, of Coed P  (Read 6524 times)

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • (Virture in difficulty)
    • View Profile
I am looking for descendants of William Vaughan (Dr?) Griffith  & Mrs Sarah Jane  Vaughan Griffiths,  of  Coed Poeth, Wrexham.

I’m trying to trace descendants of this couple as we have common ancestors and I hope to swap Family History  information.

They married in 1885 in Liverpool, and in 1891 were in Ormskirk, before moving to 53 High Street (Bryn Darland) Coed Poeth, Wrexham  where they lived at least for the period 1901 to 1920.

I think there was a daughter named Mary Margaret Vaughan Griffith, who may have married a Nicholas J Murphy in Aston, Birmingham in 1912.

I think there was also a son named John Vaughan Griffiths who may have married a Clara E North in 1915.

I would appreciate any help/information please.

Thanks

Barbara.

P.S.

Sarah Jane Vaughan Griffiths was born in Oswestry, just over the Denbigh/ Shropshire border so I'm putting this post on the Shropshire board as well.

Howell. Marshall. Frew.Finn.Williams.Jones.Carroll.
Hinksman. Zeitline.Roberts.Shepherd.

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Vaughan (Dr?) Griffith & Mrs Sarah Jane Vaughan Griffiths, of Coed P
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 03 October 10 09:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara

William Vaughan Griffith and John Vaughan Griffith are listed in the 1923 edition of the Medical Register as having qualified at Edinburgh in 1888 and at Glasgow in 1919 respectively.  The address for both is Bryn Darland, Coedpoeth, Wrexham. 

According to the Probate Calendar William Vaughan Griffith died Feb 23, 1927.  The probate confirms that Mary Margaret Vaughan Griffith was the wife of a Nicholas Joseph Murphy. 

There is also a death of John V Griffith age 62 reg Mar Q 1955  Wrexham 8a/524

Because of RC policy regarding possibly living people, it is not possible to post details but it does look like there were several children born to Nicholas & Mary Murphy between 1913 and 1928 (5 sons & 2 daughters).   You will find them listed on FreeBMD - just fill in surnames Murphy mmn Griffith.

HTH
Heather

PS  Probate Index lists Nicholas Joseph Croke Murphy died June 4, 1934 Bicton Lodge Aigburth Road Liverpool. 
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline hiraeth

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: William Vaughan (Dr?) Griffith & Mrs Sarah Jane Vaughan Griffiths, of Coed P
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 03 October 10 10:42 BST (UK) »
Hi Barbara

Nicholas Joseph Croke Murphy is also listed in the Medical Register.  He qualified in Dublin in 1907 ans is listed as practicing/residing at Wern Villa, Newton, Glamorgan in 1919.

Heather
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 03 October 10 10:45 BST (UK) »
Hi Heather,

Thanks very much for the information, which is really helpful.

Yes, I'm aware of & understand the Rootschat policy with regard to not posting details on possibly living people.

I'm just hoping that if there is a family member out there who spots this post and wishes to contact me, that they will send me a personal message.

Your help is appreciated,

Regards

Barbara.

P.S. Just picked up on your additional post, thanks also for that.

Offline hoolianama0508

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 15 October 10 19:42 BST (UK) »
Could this be a potential relative? I saw the word Wrexham and Griffiths and figured you might find it useful.

Griffiths, Handel Hector
Quarry Manager
B. March 31, 1882 in London England to John William Griffiths and Sarah Elizabeth.

Educated at Trwd Wrexham, North Wales. Is a Rock Driller and Explosive Expert.

Married 1902, Charlotte Williams.
Has 2 sons and 1 daughter (no names listed).

Best regards.

Served in the Great War with the Royal Engineers and mentioned for a special quarry work

Holds General Service and Victory Medals.

Came to British Guiana in 1919 to open Seba Quarry for Government.

Favorite recreation:  Football

Hobby - Gardening.

Source: Who's Who in British Guiana, -page 147 (my Griffith family - is from Guyana, and page 146 has my great-grandfather listed. I just have a photcopy of the page)
Agard, Cook, Earwaker, Garbitt, Gascoine, Greaves, Griffith, Stephenson,

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Saturday 20 November 10 14:57 GMT (UK) »
Hi hoolianama0508,

Thank you for the information and apologies for my late reply.
Recently, I just don't seem to find the time I'd like to spend on Family History research.
I don't really know if there is any connection between the people you have listed and the people I'm trying to trace but I'm storing your post just in case.

I appreciate your interest

Thanks again

barbara.

Offline bosley

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 08 December 10 22:21 GMT (UK) »
Hi Barbara,

While searching the net I noticed the post, Dr Nicholas Joseph Croke Murphy was my Grandfather who died long before I was born. My Father Paul was the youngest child and died a few years ago

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 09 December 10 14:29 GMT (UK) »
Re Nicholas Joseph Croake Murphy

Hi there bosley,

Thanks very much for your message, it's good to hear from you - its always good to make contact with descendants like this.

I'm sorry to hear you didn't know your Grandfather, though I find that researching family history can almost make you feel as if you did know people.
We're in a similar position, in that his wife was a great aunt/cousin and I recall my Grandad talking about them and the Liverpool connection. It would be great to see if we can give each other any useful information about the background to the family.

In order to contact me personally and keep family details private,it would be best to do so by E Mail  and I have sent you a PM (Personal Message) with my E Mail address.

Hoping to hear from you soon

Cheers

Barbara.

Offline Barbara348

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Thursday 09 December 10 15:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi again bosley,

I've just noticed that you are a new member to Rootschat so it may be that Rootschat rules mean that you cannot receive my Personal Message (PM) until you have written in 3 times but I'm not sure about that.

Please reply to this public post if you cannot receive my PM and let me know, but don't disclose an E Mail address.

Cheers

Barbara.